Larry's AC50 Circus

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Amazing how stable they are despite the speed and the wind, they did not pitchpole, because of the lift of the foil, and they did not capsize because it's a cat.

That said, we may have some this weekend, amazing sailing, wayyyyyyyyyyy much better than in Bermudas. YESSSSSSSSSS......

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Stable but brutal :)

Nose dive and broken wing sail for Team China.

image.png

image.png

barfy

Super Anarchist
Amazing how stable they are despite the speed and the wind, they did not pitchpole, because of the lift of the foil, and they did not capsize because it's a cat.

That said, we may have some this weekend, amazing sailing, wayyyyyyyyyyy much better than in Bermudas. YESSSSSSSSSS......
That is really one of your strangest posts.

Have some what, capsizes and pitch poles? Broken bones and carbon? Way better than bda, how? More like a colosseum? 

Yessssss I think you've really lost the plot.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Damage has been part of every cup I have watched for 36 years.
Yep, although it seems AC36 would be a huge failure, the boat would be a huge disappointment and apparently ETNZ should be had-up for attempted murder if there is even the slightest hint of danger or damage. Thats the way a few on here are talking anyway.

Fireball

Anarchist
According to their website,  the long term plan is to have 18m, 24m and 28m wing sizes and they are currently racing with the 24m wing.

So these boats are very over rigged for San Francisco Bay. I guess the plan is to hope nothing too bad happens this regatta and next time they can use the small wings.

RImike

Super Anarchist
Newport RI
So how will SF play out in terms of results? Obviously the fleet need to compress to make it a better spectacle compared to Sydney. Will Australia continue their dominance?Can the British and USA teams improve dramatically?
I wonder how much Rome's "local knowledge" of currents and what not will come into play. 

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
That is really one of your strangest posts.
What is not surprising is you and your buddies' hate for an excellent sailing event and amazing boats that seem to frighten fin skinned fans. Haters gonna hate...

P Flados

Anarchist
North Carolina
On facebook they now have video of the damage to the China wing.  The boat came up too high, did a nose dive and then the apparent wind direction change did a nasty jibe on the main.  

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
On facebook they now have video of the damage to the China wing.  The boat came up too high, did a nose dive and then the apparent wind direction change did a nasty jibe on the main. 
The skipper explained he kept too much rake.

barfy

Super Anarchist
What is not surprising is you and your buddies' hate for an excellent sailing event and amazing boats that seem to frighten fin skinned fans. Haters gonna hate...
Dude.I have never given this event any hate. I ask questions about the marketing, (two days to release Android app as they promised), hype ( re imagined doesn't cut it for me), and operations ( no practice for the teams makes me feel the pucker these guys must have jumping into top of range conditions).

I'll watch for sure.