Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
Check out Clause 34 ANTI-AMBUSH OBLIGATIONS

specifically 34.3 Ambush Regatta

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BTnNO2cz5Dc1Jfb25DazRyM2s/view

:lol:
"A competitor means defender or challenger as the context requires"

"A challenger means a yacht club that has been accepted"

So RNZYS prohibits YC from having more than one team and one yacht and prevents them from participating to other possibly competing regatta.

That is like if GLS had forbidden any challenger to compete in any other event. What crap. It makes GGYC look good.

But you know what, the AC50 does not compete with the AC. :D

Rennmaus

Super Anarchist
^

How is RNZYS prohibiting a Challenger to have more than one AC boat? 2 boats are allowed, but they're not allowed to sail at the same time. Sounds similar to the GGYC protocol for AC34 and 35 (?).

Please let us know when a challenging YC had more than one team in the regatta.

During the GGYC ACs challengers needed permission to take part in other regattas (not 100% sure about the wording, but if I'm wrong, someone hereabouts will certainly let me know). In the RNZYS protocol, these regattas are at least qualified.

The above criticism of the RNZYS protocol is silly, forced and far-fetched. It is neither worse nor better than the previous ones. The latter is the actual issue.

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
^

1) How is RNZYS prohibiting a Challenger to have more than one AC boat? 2 boats are allowed, but they're not allowed to sail at the same time. Sounds similar to the GGYC protocol for AC34 and 35 (?).

2) Please let us know when a challenging YC had more than one team in the regatta.

During the GGYC ACs challengers needed permission to take part in other regattas (not 100% sure about the wording, but if I'm wrong, someone hereabouts will certainly let me know). In the RNZYS protocol, these regattas are at least qualified.

3) The above criticism of the RNZYS protocol is silly, forced and far-fetched. It is neither worse nor better than the previous ones. The latter is the actual issue.
1) Yes, 2 boats but with one year difference, which makes it impossible for two teams. The AC is supposed to be about YCs, not teams

2) Why do you limit that to challengers ? NYYC had different teams

3) The above criticism comes because we all heard that it would be different and better. In fact it's the same or worse, at least on some aspects. You are wrong to say that the there is nothing worse, with the competitor forum Larry and Ernesto had done better.

I agree however on the venue and the choice of the boat.

The anti ambush regatta article tells that competitors can ask for the authorization, it will be interesting to see if it's tested.

winchfodder

Super Anarchist
Carolina, USA
Back to Gonet, it confirms what my swiss friends told me about 6 months ago, that they trained secretly on mono foilers. You can also not that their foils could look like half of the AC75 foil, the upper part.

That said, the boat does not look to be so fast downwind, otherwise they would not need their big code 0. Even smaller the much smaller Flying Phantom has smaller and flatter gennaker. The speed with the jib, probably upwind, seems more interesting.

I am very interested to see the AC75 flying but I still think any smaller multi will smoke it.

And now let's wait for clarkey well informed comment...
And no tacks in the video's.  Very telling