Larry's AC50 Circus

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
You're right. But they are still committed to the Americas Cup. They're not entered yet, but they are committed to trying to get there.
You are so delusional!

The recent AC wannabe-helms who look possible as show-ups in Auckland can be counted on only 4 fingers. 

If GD had brains instead of debts, he’d have signed the agreement to stay with an AC50 revolution. And he’d have signed with where the seriously heavy money is. Almost nobody is going to visit Auckland, it already looks like a number-of-challengers failure.

There’s a chance Burling, even Spithill, will end up Racing the F50 Series instead. LE’s boats, action and money will be a lot faster for all. As was originally and apparently still is  intended, by a guy with more money than God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
You are so delusional!

The recent AC wannabe-helms who look possible as show-ups in Auckland can be counted on only 4 fingers. 

If GD had brains instead of debts, he’d have signed the agreement to stay with an AC50 revolution. And he’d have signed with where the seriously heavy money is. Almost nobody is going to visit Auckland, it already looks like a number-of-challengers failure.

There’s a chance Burling, even Spithill, will end up Racing the F50 Series instead. LE’s boats, action and money will be a lot faster for all. As was originally and apparently still is  intended, by a guy with more money than God.
You have no idea who is turning up in Auckland. You're just continuing to spout your sour grapes because your team lost.

The "Agreement" was a joke. It wasn't deed compliant, or consistent with the tradition and history of the AC. It was an attempt by Oracle to essentially continue their vision whether they won or lost. 

You're the delusional one if you think a winner like Burling will go and compete in a losers regatta with guys who, instead of competing to win the trophy back, threw in the towel and quit because they weren't good enough and bought themselves a trophy instead.

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK

As far as we know, the only team that has positively opted for the F50s rather than AC36 is Artemis. The rest are there because the budget is an order of magnitude less. I don't see the events as being in direct competition and I am looking forward to seeing both. How many will in fact see the F50s depends on whether LE sticks to the dated pay to view model.

We don't know exactly what contract Spithill has signed but I would be surprised if it allows him to decide to sail another circuit. As for Burling, it sounds like he doesn't plan to work for cheap in AC36 and is negotiating accordingly.  

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
As far as we know, the only team that has positively opted for the F50s rather than AC36 is Artemis. The rest are there because the budget is an order of magnitude less. I don't see the events as being in direct competition and I am looking forward to seeing both. How many will in fact see the F50s depends on whether LE sticks to the dated pay to view model.

We don't know exactly what contract Spithill has signed but I would be surprised if it allows him to decide to sail another circuit. As for Burling, it sounds like he doesn't plan to work for cheap in AC36 and is negotiating accordingly.  
I think its more to do with the fact that Burling is currently under contract with Brunel Sailing team and is currently focused on winning that too. He is currently a close second for the leg, but tied for first overall, but looking like he will claim that prize as well as a triple crown. There's no way he's sitting out the AC. 

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Stolen? I found your Facebook page mate...
Fine. That does not give you the right to post my personal information on this forum or My Wifes. Naming my wife and sending stalker messages.

This is what this fucking Anon newbie stalker said to me through a message folks "*****(My Wifes name) is a nice rig. You're definitely punching above your weight" You better stay the fuck away from my wife cunt!

agk470

You have no idea who is turning up in Auckland. You're just continuing to spout your sour grapes because your team lost.

The "Agreement" was a joke. It wasn't deed compliant, or consistent with the tradition and history of the AC. It was an attempt by Oracle to essentially continue their vision whether they won or lost. 

You're the delusional one if you think a winner like Burling will go and compete in a losers regatta with guys who, instead of competing to win the trophy back, threw in the towel and quit because they weren't good enough and bought themselves a trophy instead.
Mate your having a lend arnt you?

Whats say LE offers double what TNZ does, what does Pete do?  curious as to what your thoughts are here.

and who threw in the towel? sponsors or team owners appear to have left to me leaving athletes without teams to be able to compete, well estblished teams joined the cup cycle and there isn't room for all the guys from last cup. some guys were able to jump, some are still trying to get sponsors to do the cup, 

Frank as you said is trying to find funding for a French team 

Slingsby has been reported to be trying to find funding for an Australian team 

Outteridge and Percy seem to be trying to convince TT to go again. 

If these guys cannot find the funding to join the cup why wouldn't they join an awesome world circuit in boats that they all loved?

what Trophy have they bought? LE appears to have a trophy and these bloody good sailors will compete for it on a world circuit. 

this is happening mate like it or not and i wouldn't be so sure that Pete and Blair wouldn't look seriously at it. the cup isnt the be all end all for everyone champ.

rh3000

Super Anarchist
Auckland, New Zealand
Math isn’t Clean’s strong point. 
Why wouldn't LE be interested in building an upgrading the AC50s as part of his master plan for the AC's future? He would have only had a small window of time to sort the boats out before whatever ACWS would be kicking off, and he may have also wanted more boats available for new teams to join, and want them quickly. He was told it would take 3 years for more boats with a new config and he said, you've got a year. There's nothing about his statement that wouldn't apply to a situation 15 months ago...

Clean didn't say it was exclusively related to the Vanity Regatta, simply to more boats with a new config - in fact it's further evidence as to why this thing is still trying to happen - the "more boats, new/better config" scheme was already planned during the last AC, and at least emotionally committed too - and so it's no wonder why these dead horses are still being flogged even after the loss.

Indio

Super Anarchist
Auckland
What "demand" is not being met by the ESS? Looks like the Losers F50 proposal is aimed at ESS - good luck with that!!

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
There is also a question on the Ineos Team UK FB page from someone who asks: "I wonder who is going to join INEOS Team UK next after Joey Newton & Iain Jensen. Hey Ben, if you could coax Tom Slingsby into your Team as Strategist/Back-up Tactician that would be nice. You did darn well with Tommy back in 2013. I wonder what Iain Percy & Nathan Outteridge are going to do next"

To which the Team replied: "More signings to come. Thanks for the support" Maybe Tommy Slingsby and possibly even Iain Percy might end up at Team UK?

Tornado-Cat

Super Anarchist
I suspect with the latest VOR win from Charles Caudrelier, Cammas and now Caudrelier will both be known as sailing heroes in France. This may go a long way to cementing some kind of a budget for the AC.  
Cammas and Caudrelier won the VOR in front of Peter Burling and Co, I doubt they get any more budget from France, the miracle could come from China. 

Dongfeng may do a lot to open China to sailing.

Forourselves

Super Anarchist
New Zealand
Mate your having a lend arnt you?

Whats say LE offers double what TNZ does, what does Pete do?  curious as to what your thoughts are here.

and who threw in the towel? sponsors or team owners appear to have left to me leaving athletes without teams to be able to compete, well estblished teams joined the cup cycle and there isn't room for all the guys from last cup. some guys were able to jump, some are still trying to get sponsors to do the cup, 

Frank as you said is trying to find funding for a French team 

Slingsby has been reported to be trying to find funding for an Australian team 

Outteridge and Percy seem to be trying to convince TT to go again. 

If these guys cannot find the funding to join the cup why wouldn't they join an awesome world circuit in boats that they all loved?

what Trophy have they bought? LE appears to have a trophy and these bloody good sailors will compete for it on a world circuit. 

this is happening mate like it or not and i wouldn't be so sure that Pete and Blair wouldn't look seriously at it. the cup isnt the be all end all for everyone champ.
It was widely known, even in Bermuda, that ETNZ team members took hefty pay cuts to continue being employed at ETNZ. It was also stated that immediately after the AC, Dalton could not pay salaries, and had to sell some of the team assets to be able to pay salaries.

Pete will stay at Team NZ whether Ellison offers him double or not. If for no other reason that he is still a member of the NZ Sailing team for the Tokyo Olympics. No doubt Dalton will offer him the skipper role, which by all accounts Glenn Ashby is fine with. 

They already can join an awesome world circuit. Its called the GC32 Class.

When it comes to guys like Pete and Blair, competing against the best in the world, to be the best in the world is what is appealing. And the top of the world for those guys is the Olympics, and the Americas Cup. They aren't going anywhere. You have to be joking if you think those guys are going to give up sailing for New Zealand at the highest level of their sport for some second rate B-grade pretend Americas Cup regatta. 

Latest posts