Larry's AC50 Circus

barfy

Super Anarchist
Seems like light to moderate SW, but fairly stable for the forecast period. If the track above is the only orientation available they got lucky. ..'.the dead downwind finish will be interesting.

nroose

Super Anarchist
Berkeley
Spent a couple of hours watching the recorded coverage. It was great racing, but it was a 2 hour video for less than an hour of racing. And then tomorrow there will be the same. Seems like if they are going to transport the whole fleet and promote the event, they should have more racing and more content. They had a practice race that they did not cover, which is a shame.

barfy

Super Anarchist
Sir Russell Coutts won't return to America's Cup

Selective memory much.

“Yes, I like it, it's fast, modern …. there is something of mine, it is true,” Coutts said of the America’s Cup that has evolved from Coutts’ foiling catamarans of San Francisco 2013 and Bermuda 2017 to Grant Dalton’s 75-foot foiling monohulls of Auckland 2021."

barfy

Super Anarchist
Serious lack of froth.

What's the latest weather? Any goss on the practice regime? Sweet fo?

barfy

Super Anarchist
Because it's an apt title.
Thread should have been in multihull or retired AC boats.
It's like promoting wrestling in sailing boats.
Wuss is a super prick running the show with no transparency.

Total respect for the sailors that make "it" work under difficult conditions and shifting grounds, showcases the adaptability and resilience that makes a great sailor.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Because it's an apt title.
Thread should have been in multihull or retired AC boats.
It's like promoting wrestling in sailing boats.
Wuss is a super prick running the show with no transparency.

Total respect for the sailors that make "it" work under difficult conditions and shifting grounds, showcases the adaptability and resilience that makes a great sailor.
Please explain this! Coutts is as transparent as he can be. And these are not AC Boats. Only two of the original 6 AC50 that were raced in BDA 2017 have been retained. The other four, to get the League off the ground, were built by Core Builders Composites in Warkworth.

The Sport of Sailing has been crying out for decades to have League like SailGP and bring in the best Sailors. Larry & Russell succeeded.

barfy

Super Anarchist
Coutts is as transparent as he can be. And these are not AC Boats. Only two of the original 6 AC50 that were raced in BDA 2017 have been retained.
Not much transparent about how much training time he doles out still.
And not retired AC boats except a couple of them. Really?
And pitched like wrestling...even f1 doesn't have a title reel full of crashes and yelling.
Circus my wee prolly clown.

NeedAClew

Super Anarchist
USA
In other news, Larry had all the scary precancer and more stuff removed and more fillers and lip plumpers and a bit of cinching up. Insistence on dying the beard is sad given he's letting his hair go, but WAY TOO MUCH Botox. Trust me, I know what too much does. Why do you think Biden's forehead never moves? Sayta at least owns his (younger) age and hair.

TOO MUCH TOX.png