l'avenir de spaceflight

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Screenshot_2021-10-07-12-44-33.png

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
For decades, the "sail" proposals boggle sailors minds  the ideas look likr theyvwere concocted by nonsailors....they are always "higjly automated" etc. Cannot have or expect crew to actually, you know, sail...

Last edited by a moderator:

neuronz

Anarchist
europe
For decades, the "sail" proposals boggle sailors minds  the ideas look likr theyvwere concocted by nonsailors....they are always "higjly automated" etc. Cannot have or expect crew to actually, you know, sail...
Well that is probably because crew is the second item on the cost sheet and systems trimmed by the crew require more and more qualified crew and will likely still perform worse than computer controlled systems.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Well that is probably because crew is the second item on the cost sheet and systems trimmed by the crew require more and more qualified crew and will likely still perform worse than computer controlled systems.
Except there are no computer controlled sustems until million and millions of $$. Bit they are "free" brcause paid for by gubmint programd.....

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Except there are no computer controlled sustems until million and millions of $$. Bit they are "free" brcause paid for by gubmint programd.....
And there aren't millions and millions of dollars being spent on crew wages and care and feeding?  

If you're concerned about government support for energy programs, I'd start with fossil fuel subsidies which in the US are very close to 1,000 times all the funds spent on renewable/sustainable energy support programs. 

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
And there aren't millions and millions of dollars being spent on crew wages and care and feeding?  

If you're concerned about government support for energy programs, I'd start with fossil fuel subsidies which in the US are very close to 1,000 times all the funds spent on renewable/sustainable energy support programs. 
I amcgetting ay the "lock in" of the rigid (literally) mechanical engineered approach rather than flexible rigged spproach.

Not a commentary on subsidies bit rather the relativr effects on onnovation and choice.

We have seencthese me hanocal contraption vapoirearrd come and go for forty years. Meanwhile the Gazela andcthe Eagle keep on sailing. Eith actual sails...

gewoon ik

Flora
@fastyacht maybe it is time to invest in a new keyboard? My snaggles is not good, but if I now also have to learn fastyachts, it is becoming more and more something like a job.

Latest posts