**** Let's Go Darwin **** Stickers arrived in the mail!!!

saxdog

Super Anarchist
Thirty years ago a friend in Atlanta put a Christian fish symbol Darwin in the middle on his car.

image.png  

The "Good Christians" attacked and vandalized his car. Be careful.

You are dealing with a very intolerant bunch of snowflakes.

billy backstay

Backstay, never bought a suit, never went to Vegas
Thirty years ago a friend in Atlanta put a Christian fish symbol Darwin in the middle on his car.

View attachment 485307  

The "Good Christians" attacked and vandalized his car. Be careful.

You are dealing with a very intolerant bunch of snowflakes.

Thanks for the warning!  We live in a fairly rural area of mostly peaceful people, so I will take my chances, and let my feelings be known.

I wanted to put Biden-Harris yard signs up before the election, but SWMBO forbade it!

Monkey

Super Anarchist
I never understood why anyone puts political bumper stickers on their cars. Has any person ever changed their vote based on the random Toyota in front of them?  I suppose some people just like making their vehicles look shitty. 

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I never understood why anyone puts political bumper stickers on their cars. Has any person ever changed their vote based on the random Toyota in front of them?  I suppose some people just like making their vehicles look shitty. 
One of the best ones I've ever seen, probably was targeting people like you.

"Please forgive me for driving so close to the front bumper of your car for the last mile"

Nice!

Super Anarchist
Victoria, BC
By one sticker? No. By the combined messaging of everything - tv, radio, print, digital, yard signs and bumper stickers - yes.

billy backstay

By one sticker? No. By the combined messaging of everything - tv, radio, print, digital, yard signs and bumper stickers - yes.
Well the pickup truck has the following:

Round "Etchells" emblem on the left back window.  

Middle left is the "Palmetto Moon" South Carolina round sticker, for our daughters who live there.

Middle right is the "Essex Corinthian YC" flag triangle of which I was a founding member long ago, in my 20's.

Right is "FBYC" polar bear sticker for Frostbite Yacht Club, which was founded in 1933.

Is any of that political???  I think not!  

The small "Let's go Darwin" sticker will be in the middle at the top of the other ones....

So bring it on, if any of that bothers you, okay???

saxdog

Super Anarchist
Just to be very cleat my friend only displayed the Darwin fish.

Thus,  his car was safe from marauding atheists.

benwynn

Super Anarchist
Well the pickup truck has the following:

Round "Etchells" emblem on the left back window.  

Middle left is the "Palmetto Moon" South Carolina round sticker, for our daughters who live there.

Middle right is the "Essex Corinthian YC" flag triangle of which I was a founding member long ago, in my 20's.

Right is "FBYC" polar bear sticker for Frostbite Yacht Club, which was founded in 1933.

Is any of that political???  I think not!  

The small "Let's go Darwin" sticker will be in the middle at the top of the other ones....

So bring it on, if any of that bothers you, okay???

Seems like a risk with absolutely no gain.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I once saw one I could get behind - it was more of a "tail panel" sticker since it wouldn't fit on a bumper.

Nuke the Gay

Baby Whales

For Jesus

billy backstay

Seems like a risk with absolutely no gain.

I guess I am willing to take that risk.  In our small rural town, I doubt that anyone will have a clue what it means!!!

I have guns and ammo, with no intent to ever use them, other than target shooting.

If the 2nd Civil War comes, I will escape to St. Johns in the USVI, since my Canadian sponsor died.  And I will still be a US citizen with Medicare and SSI, and visit the daughter's et aux in Charleston, during the summer, if it's safe to travel there.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mid

Super Anarchist
I guess I am willing to take that risk.  

I have guns and ammo, with no intent to ever use them, other than target shooting.

If the 2nd Civil War comes, I will escape to St. Johns in the USVI, since my Canadian sponsor died.  And I will still be a US citizen with Medicare and SSI, and visit the daughter's et aux in Charleston, during the summer, if it's safe to travel there.....
that you'd write that , even in jest , shows just how far the US has fallen .

billy backstay

that you'd write that , even in jest , shows just how far the US has fallen .

I thought that I had replied to this, but must not have hit send?

Yes the US has fallen and I need to do everything I can to try and preserve and protect my wife and family if the Trumper's start another Civil War! This is hopefully improbable, but NOT possible, based on the 1/6 armed insurrection with intent to HANG VP Pence??????

I hope I am just being paranoid, just like I am about Covid, at the moment.  But I think that if we go out to a restaurant or local bar, and are unmasked, sitting closer than 6 or more feet from someone who is not in our immediate family, or a small bubble of friends, our risk of Covid is like not wearing a condom while having sex with someone you don't know is "clean"! 

We all did that for years, and we got lucky, or we didn't.  A friend brought an instant test today and Missus BB is negative.  I had a test this morning at local Urgent Care and I am negative also.  In the meantime, I plan to do our shopping with a mask, stay home and work on a jigsaw puzzle, and play Backgammon with SWMBO....

Backstay out!  Laptop is going to the accountant tomorrow for taxes, and I cannot bear to use my old laptop that is slower than molasses in February....

Talk to you all on Monday, unless I attempt to use the  V E RY S L O W backup laptop......

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
I guess I am willing to take that risk.  In our small rural town, I doubt that anyone will have a clue what it means!!!

A kid I went through school with became the RST in Killingworth. He was also on the CSPMCS. When I told him that I was driving to St. Augustine to work on a needy Concordia 41 he looked at me sideways....

"You're going to drive through SC in a car with Yankee plates, looking like you do? Don't call me for help"

So that night I cut off my beard, and had a friend cut my hair back to "respectable"....

This was before "Duck Dynasty" was a thing.