Lionel Lemonchois - La Mauricienne

semelis

Anarchist
Prince de Bretagne is a tad wider and very much lighter.

Will be interesting to compare till they part ways.

jb5

Super Anarchist
US East Coast
He started a bit later and is trailing Coville.

Tracking : http://maxi80-lamauricienne.addviso.org/en/

Prince de Bretagne web here .

Francis Joyon must be thrilled with 2 simultaneous attemps at 2 of his records :)

Should be interesting to see the Atlantic race between this 2 till Lionel goes north in the Indian to Ile Maurice.
From Francis' web site yesterday (v rought translation):

http://www.trimaran-idec.com/actualite_article.asp?id=246

"Do not go too fast! "
Francis Joyon , " Thomas you leave to go to Brest Brest, Lionel you are going to leave Port- Louis to go to ... Port Louis ! In both cases these are two great tracks on the world's oceans . It is only Good Hope that your paths will diverge when Lionel ascend the Indian Ocean. I loved browsing these two great trips and I hope you will also lot of joy on these records, even if I know that the competition will be your main motivation.
I will follow your routes with passion, watch your trajectories, weather your strategy , your choice of course ... to see if you pick the course record , but also to compare your speed if, as is likely, you end up browsing close to one another. This will get some ideas from the perspective of the Route du Rhum and perhaps anticipate a little in this race where we will be this time at sea together, within a few months . In the meantime ... be careful not to go too fast ! "

semelis

Anarchist
Thomas has gone more westward than Lionel, Cap Verd islands are less than 24 h away and just in front.

semelis

Anarchist
Joyon set the time of reference to Maurice Island, but it was not really fast, IIRC there were some jokes about food lasting enough.

Lionel is keeping it's pace with Thomas, but will PdB be a contender with BP7 ? Last RdR Cammas seemed a lot faster on this boat.

edouard

Super Anarchist
Joyon set the time of reference to Maurice Island, but it was not really fast, IIRC there were some jokes about food lasting enough.

Lionel is keeping it's pace with Thomas, but will PdB be a contender with BP7 ? Last RdR Cammas seemed a lot faster on this boat.
That's exactly why Lionel selected that record. He knows he has no chance whatsoever to beat any of the other records set by larger tris.

Laurent

Super Anarchist
Houston
Except that he was faster than Sodebo in the Northern Hemisphere trade winds... He was significantly behind Sodebo a few days ago but crossed the Equator ahead of him...

edouard

Super Anarchist
Except that he was faster than Sodebo in the Northern Hemisphere trade winds... He was significantly behind Sodebo a few days ago but crossed the Equator ahead of him...
So what? They are both in the doldrums. You easily gain lose or gain 100 Nm overnight in that area. (As did Coville vs virtual Joyon last night)

r.finn

Super Anarchist

That's exactly why Lionel selected that record. He knows he has no chance whatsoever to beat any of the other records set by larger tris.
Where did you read that Edouard? Let me guess, he told you this before leaving.

r.finn

Super Anarchist
Wouldn't common sense suggest that a boat designed to win the RDR would be capable of taking the Discovery Route record though?

edouard

Super Anarchist
Wouldn't common sense suggest that a boat designed to win the RDR would be capable of taking the Discovery Route record though?
Whatever that is supposed to mean.

So, Mr Innuendo, how about some clear talk on your part for a change rather than your usual wishy washy BS.

P.S: please only answer publicly on this thread, I have no use of some a-hole sending me derogatory private messages under the fallacious pretense that he does not want to "dragg this into the forums" while doing exactly that but this time without the meat.

r.finn

Super Anarchist
Sorry to question your authority on this subject. You didn't answer the question, but I'll leave you to it.

r.finn

Super Anarchist
And I was serious about not dragging it onto the forums, but you never replied, and I always wondered why. All I was asking was what your sources are for your info, because some of it sounds like pure conjecture. Didn't mean it to sound like harassment, and I apologize for that.

Latest posts