Lipstick

DDW

Super Anarchist
I saw this yesterday. Everybody loves their boat, and this owner has accessorized to the max. Dodger, bimini with full enclosure, stern arch, stern tie reel, dinghy with wheels, electric bike, fenders hung in case someone comes to raft. I wonder if it can still get into the "4th mode"?

Lipstick.jpg

DDW

Super Anarchist
Took it myself yesterday. Perhaps in OZ you are not familiar with the Mac26.

Grith

South Australia
It’s just one persons take on a micro cruiser! Put the same amount of stuff on a 40 footer and you would barely notice it. You can however live onboard on something this small and then take it home after the several weeks onboard. It’s just all about which performance compromises you are prepared to accept and what benefits a yacht of this type can bring.
On other threads I see lots of comments about needing to find a good marina with a good boatyard, gripes about wintering and haul outs and whines about travelling to do maintenance instead of just sailing.
Just taking your yacht home, fixing and cleaning it up on the front lawn and then provisioning and preparing at home is a great option in my view.
The poor much maligned Mac’s serve their purpose for many people both experienced and beginner alike.
Setting up a trailer sailer as a micro cruiser for extended weeks on board allows access to some really unique cruising destinations completely unavailable to owners of regular cruisers. Don’t knock it until you have tried it.🙂
There is a relatively small community of dedicated trailable yacht cruisers of which Mac owners now make an appreciable part of. Not for everyone or perhaps even many but they definitely now have their place.
I personally feel this owner has found his own little piece of yachting paradise.
PS Pleading guilty as charged but not with a Mac.
1275FCB1-6B4E-4EDD-B533-C47F2E8A0109.jpeg

Ajax

Super Anarchist
Edgewater, MD
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the boat but stuffing the equivalent of a dirt-dweller's 3-bedroom condominium's furnishings and accessories into it is a fucking crime.

That oxygen tent would make a good entry in the Ugly Dodger collection thread. But yes, at least he's out there doing something.
Notice the cylindrical reel on the back with what looks like yellow cable. Think he has a small ROV onboard?

Diarmuid

Super Anarchist
Laramie, WY, USA
That oxygen tent would make a good entry in the Ugly Dodger collection thread. But yes, at least he's out there doing something.
Notice the cylindrical reel on the back with what looks like yellow cable. Think he has a small ROV onboard?
Pacific NW. Deep, narrow, occasionally-crowded anchorages with massive tidal range. So shore tie reels like that are ubiquitous.

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
I wonder if the oxygen tent functions as an anchor sail?