LIS Buoy positions

sheethead

Branford CT
I have to re-enter all of the navigation aid's positions in the gps and all I have is a list from a Loran log some 20 years old... I've seen a list online before but I can't find it now. Little help?

ziggy

here
While we are on LIS, I am planning on a trip from Branford, CT west thru the Verrazano next week. I assume flood tide runs west to east along this route? ie. high tide in City Island is earlier than Norwalk? Is there fuel and food on City Island or am I better off making my last stop in Mamaroneck? Thanks in advance for any advice.

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Tidal current from Branford comes from the Race. Look up the tides in a proper tidal reference. Timing between Branford and NY is confounded by the flow through Hell Gate. City Island is a city. There are marinas there and restaurants...and yacht clubs...

Last edited by a moderator:

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
I have to re-enter all of the navigation aid's positions in the gps and all I have is a list from a Loran log some 20 years old... I've seen a list online before but I can't find it now. Little help?
\

So you are avoiding buying charts for the GPS or it is an old one and not supported and you want to put the lights in it?

sheethead

Branford CT
It's an older Garmin 72. I'm avoiding buying a new gps for now, I don't have time for the installation right now. I went on Earth NC and recorded all of the positions but I'm a little weary of the accuracy of them, I'd like to get a list from the government, I trust the government. .. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

dacapo

Super Anarchist
NY
While we are on LIS, I am planning on a trip from Branford, CT west thru the Verrazano next week. I assume flood tide runs west to east along this route? ie. high tide in City Island is earlier than Norwalk? Is there fuel and food on City Island or am I better off making my last stop in Mamaroneck? Thanks in advance for any advice.
get the 2014 Eldridge tide and pilot book....has all your info. I'll be in CI on Wednesday night with my boat heading East. Yacht Clubs on West side of island, Marina w/fuel on East side of Island, food all over the island.

HT at Kings Point (opposite CI) HT in Bridgeport is 45min. (approx) before Kings Point. 30 or so miles from Bridgeport to Execution Rock