Local racer & antivaxer getting rule 69 after infecting sailors at regatta

Hard On The Wind

Super Anarchist
GMT-8
There is now a petition to the PRO to hold a rule 69 hearing after the PITCH regatta. This anti-masker, antivaxer, pro-Trump, MAGA man is notorious in the PNW for favoring his liberty at the total expense of everyone else's.

By Ray Poorman:
Ok, I have officially had it. I want to see Mick Corcoran prosecuted for reckless endangerment. This weekend we lost a sailor to covid, unvaccinated. Then a past commodore of the byc Mick decided to do this. He is a constant qanon, antivacc, anti mask commenter on the herald site and others. This is what has transpired last week. On Tuesday he found out his wife tested positive for covid. On wednesday he was on a boat with a member of the boating community, on Friday he was the welcoming committee at the Bellingham Yacht Club for the pitch regatta with attendees from around the region. He knowingly came in after being exposed. He was told multiple times to wear a mask, including in the banquet line. On Sunday he was sick and didn’t come back to the regatta, and tested positive Monday. My daughter was in direct contact at the BYC, and my wife and i were in direct contact with the other member at lopez island! If you were there or involved, contact the BYC board. The volume of contacts that have reached out to me as a past commodore is staggering. Anacortes, Orcas, Seattle, Sloop Tavern, Corinthian yacht clubs have all been affected. mick has been barred from the Orcas Island Yacht Club . Tonight there are clubs that aren’t racing because they have to quarantine and their race committee are quarantining. My daughter and ourselves and our office are all in lockdown, masking, and getting tested. I’m sick of it and sick of the bros that endorse this shit and allow it. This should have been acted on and a policy in place to remove these people from contact. So GET VACCINATED, and stamp this behavior out. 

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
Assuming all the information in the OP is accurate, even if he survives a 69 hearing it would be justice for all the PNW clubs to award this asshole a lifetime ban.  Why would you want someone like this at your club?  

beercanned

'fornia
Some people just do things to get a reaction out of others.  Always been that way, always will be.

Race committees can reduce the chances of disruptive behavior by holding skippers meetings outside, or over zoom or eliminating them altogether.

There's very little that goes into a skippers' meeting that can't be said over email, by text message or pinned to the club's outside notice board.

Baldur

Super Anarchist
Some people just do things to get a reaction out of others.  Always been that way, always will be.

Race committees can reduce the chances of disruptive behavior by holding skippers meetings outside, or over zoom or eliminating them altogether.

There's very little that goes into a skippers' meeting that can't be said over email, by text message or pinned to the club's outside notice board.
no one "disrupted" the skippers meeting. He hung out in crowded areas sometimes wearing, or not, and resisting wearing a mask, when he knew he had close exposure (from his wife) and that without vax he is most likely infected.

That was not done to "get a reaction" I kinda know the guy, and I cant fathom WHY the fuck someone would do that. Even him. We did not know he had been exposed until monday and that it was Mick who tested positive until monday or Tuesday. There was nothing for anyone to "get a reaction" too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
no one "disrupted" the skippers meeting. He hung out in crowded areas sometimes wearing, or not, and resisting wearing a mask, when he knew he had close exposure (from his wife) and that without vax he is most likely infected.

That was not done to "get a reaction" I kinda know the guy, and I cant fathom WHY the fuck someone would do that. Even him. We did not know he had been exposed until monday and that it was Mick who tested positive until monday or Tuesday. There was nothing for anyone to "get a reaction" too.
Is it safe to assume, then, that there has been no public apology from this individual?

Rain Man

Super Anarchist
Wet coast.
For the information of others, this is the profile of this individual on the BYC website: 

Vice Commodore: Captain Mick Corcoran Mick has been involved with the club since 1987 and a member since 2000. Mick has been an active sailing racer for many years in various events throughout Puget Sound with his first boat Shillalagh, and his current boat Blackfoot. He has done the Vic-Maui race on Kismet in 1996, Charlemagne in 2000, and GIA in 2004.

He served as Sailing Fleet Captain three times and chaired and assisted with the PITCH committee for a number of years. In 2005, Mick was certified as a race management PRO and has assisted with the Dale Jepsen One Design Regatta, W.O.W. Regatta, Etchells Regatta, and the Jr. Regatta.

Mick has also volunteered in many areas throughout the club including Club Scrub, Tending Bar, The Policy and Planning Committee, Nominating Committee, and Trophy Chairman for the sailing fleets.

As sailing fleet captain Mick was required to meet with the board to keep them apprised of what was happening with the sailing fleet, propose budgets, and establish the schedule. Mick served as a trustee in 2009. He has also served as Fleet Captain and Rear Commodore.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
So.... why is he still the member of ANY yacht club?  in point of fact, why haven't these yacht clubs ALL mandate vaccination and vaccination proof?

This dude should be chucked out on his ear but the rest of us need to live up to our responsibilities and stop this shit cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

LB 15

Cunt
So.... why is he still the member of ANY yacht club?  in point of fact, why haven't these yacht clubs ALL mandate vaccination and vaccination proof?

This dude should be chucked out on his ear but the rest of us need to live up to our responsibilities and stop this shit cold.
Not unheard off for an absolute fuckwit to become a flag officer at a club. At one club I know it is not even unusual.