LONQR 2

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Someone's been fucking with the space/time continuum again...
Partly thanks to covid I find myself watching programs like "How The Universe Works" and details on Hubble and the new James Webb telescopes and find out they only look backwards. Everything they see has already happened. There is nothing new to see so blame it on those astronomers.

With the $$ we spend there should at least be some coming attractions.....

kent_island_sailor

Super Anarchist
Kent Island!
Partly thanks to covid I find myself watching programs like "How The Universe Works" and details on Hubble and the new James Webb telescopes and find out they only look backwards. Everything they see has already happened. There is nothing new to see so blame it on those astronomers.

You want to violate causation?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
You want to violate causation?
It's becausation - I know since after listening very carefully Led Zeppelin actually wrote

Causeway to Heaven.

And it makes me wonder
If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown

The death of the Universe.    Coming in a few trillion years.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Just trying to picture a Chinese restaurant/souvenir shop in Carolina is hurting my head!

General Tso hush puppies, possum lo mein, and bumper stickers with the Confederate battle flag in the souvenir shop!
I guess that means you have never stopped at South of the Border? Possum lo mein is pretty clever though.

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
97ljevdpq1781.jpg

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I guess that means you have never stopped at South of the Border? Possum lo mein is pretty clever though.
I have never been in the 'deep south'.  I spent a couple of months in Virginia in the Army and I lived in San Antonio, TX for 4 years.

Those experiences were enough.  I do like hush puppies, fried catfish and BBQ though.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Well I certainly ate a lot of authentic Tex Mex food in San Antonio.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those.

When you said south of the border, I thought you were referring to the Mason Dixon line.  :lol:  

I'm a Yankee from Pennsylvania.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Bugsy

Super Anarchist
Canada
For me, 'South of the Border' is Buffalo.  Or Lake Placid.  Maybe Seattle.  

Like USAnians, I used to cross the southern border for good times, good weather and cheap booze.  I don't cross so much any more.