LONQR 2

foamy1946

The OC.
Hello Burning Man...I never drank XXXs, but in the 60s going south in Baja for surfing , we would stop in some hole in the wall liquor store in Rosarito Beach, and buy the cheapest crap they had...Corona... the beer of the poor people....$2 a case.  Fast forward to the late 70s or so...OMG that crap is in our supermarkets now, and the yuppies think they are in heaven...I think it's called marketing/

Ishmael

Fuctifino
Another triumph of planning.

FUTNl84UYAQvOGT

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Hello Burning Man...I never drank XXXs, but in the 60s going south in Baja for surfing , we would stop in some hole in the wall liquor store in Rosarito Beach, and buy the cheapest crap they had...Corona... the beer of the poor people....$2 a case.  Fast forward to the late 70s or so...OMG that crap is in our supermarkets now, and the yuppies think they are in heaven...I think it's called marketing/
To clarify, XXX is not terrible - although I've had much better.  Was instead talking about the AUS piss water they call XXXX.  OMG that shit is foul.

WhoaTed

Antichrist
Holland, MI
The boys in Belgium are seriously competitive  about their football 

View attachment 512903
They have those at Graydon’s Crossing in Grand Rapids (excellent craft beer pub), silly.

re: the Dos Equis amber, I find it around pretty easily and on draft or bottles at our local Mexican eateries; to be fair, we live in a somewhat heavily Latino populated area. I think the amber is very good, the other XX’s not so much.

mccroc

Anarchist
Sydney
When I first started in the Advertising industry my boss played me a radio ad (on vinyl) from the 1960s - for Cashmere Bouquet soap - the script read: "Cashmere Bouquet, now in four skin tonings". Female voiceover, and I reckon I could hear the slight laugh in her voice.

Latest posts