LONQR 2

slap

Super Anarchist
Somewhat near Naptown
cr1ei36sx8o91.jpg

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
Drugs and crazy are a bad combination. Similar happened in Arizona when visiting there a few years back. Guy decapitated his wife and dogs, then cut off one arm and gouged out his eye. They met at the State hospital after each was found guilty of attempted murder but insane. Looking it up just now, he said he'd been smoking weed and spice. He plead to 2nd degree murder and animal cruelty. Will serve 25 years for the murder and two years each for the dogs.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Had a guy cut off his……..important part……..because the TV told him to. He then threw it out the window and called us because the “bleeding wouldn’t stop” and “it hurt”. We arrived and while packing the wound (try to get pressure on that wound) I asked one of the firefighters on the engine company to go outside and look for it. I told him to grab a bag and some ice because if we could find it we would take it along for possible reattachment. So this was right at the beginning of our departments paramedic program (really right at the beginning in the state) and we were the “new breed of firefighters” that had gone to paramedic school, came back and did things the old timers judged……..unusual. So he gave me one of those looks and reluctantly went outside with his flashlight, and I started an IV and got the guy packaged up for transport. He came back in and I said “did you find it?” He looked at me and said “yep”. I said “did you get it packaged on ice?” He said “nope”. I said “well are you going to?” He said “nope”. I left it at that and went and retrieved it myself. It was a miserable little thing and they didn’t even try to reattach…..turns out that effort would have been way more complicated than was possible back then.

New paragraph……I never heard how he did.

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Had a guy cut off his……..important part……..because the TV told him to. He then threw it out the window and called us because the “bleeding wouldn’t stop” and “it hurt”. We arrived and while packing the wound (try to get pressure on that wound) I asked one of the firefighters on the engine company to go outside and look for it. I told him to grab a bag and some ice because if we could find it we would take it along for possible reattachment. So this was right at the beginning of our departments paramedic program (really right at the beginning in the state) and we were the “new breed of firefighters” that had gone to paramedic school, came back and did things the old timers judged……..unusual. So he gave me one of those looks and reluctantly went outside with his flashlight, and I started an IV and got the guy packaged up for transport. He came back in and I said “did you find it?” He looked at me and said “yep”. I said “did you get it packaged on ice?” He said “nope”. I said “well are you going to?” He said “nope”. I left it at that and went and retrieved it myself. It was a miserable little thing and they didn’t even try to reattach…..turns out that effort would have been way more complicated than was possible back then.

New paragraph……I never heard how he did.
I stayed up 5 minutes too long and read one post too many. Good on you for trying.

When I worked at a hardware store, someone would come in at xmas wanting one to hook up lites.

What part of, "It will kill ya don't ya understand".
Perfect for hooking up a simple generator to power the house through the 220V air compressor outlet. Yep, dangerous if used incorrectly. Still was pretty functional if you were smart enough to 1) disconnect the mains first and 2) have it plugged in with all your breakers off before you started or stopped the generator.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Then there was the guy with a bleeding rectum at 1am who claimed he was investigating a noise in the back yard while the sprinklers were on and slipped in the wet grass…….right on top of a sprinkler……….yeah, get in the ambulance.

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
Then there was the guy with a bleeding rectum at 1am who claimed he was investigating a noise in the back yard while the sprinklers were on and slipped in the wet grass…….right on top of a sprinkler……….yeah, get in the ambulance.
The stories about how the things got in there, were as creative as the things that got in there!!

WL

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
That’s it. I am not reading your posts after 9pm anymore. Btw my son just passed his national EMT test now after spending his summer in class and doing ride alongs in downtown San Francisco and San Jose. He got a dose of the humor on the ride alongs. I told him about you and your sharing of experiences here.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
That’s it. I am not reading your posts after 9pm anymore. Btw my son just passed his national EMT test now after spending his summer in class and doing ride alongs in downtown San Francisco and San Jose. He got a dose of the humor on the ride alongs. I told him about you and your sharing of experiences here.
Good for him. San Jose and San Francisco……two very different populations and very busy call types. Knife and gun club in parts of San Jose. Got a couple buddies who worked there…..all retired now of course. What is he planning to do going forward?

Latest posts