LONQR 2

Chris in Santa Cruz CA

Super Anarchist
earths surface
Good for him. San Jose and San Francisco……two very different populations and very busy call types. Knife and gun club in parts of San Jose. Got a couple buddies who worked there…..all retired now of course. What is he planning to do going forward?
He is finishing his engineering degree this year at Davis and then I don’t know. He is quiet about stuff like that. The EMT schooling was a surprise and he passed up a lot to do it this summer. He did the WFR course a couple years ago. We have family friend who’s is a Paramedic up near Berkeley and still lives down here with his family. My son has always looked up to him and Dave is one of his fathers other then the actual one, me. I have always felt this son was born to be a doctor. He has natural empathy, is very level headed and organized, has incredible retention. Maybe he finishes college and then tries this out. He is also very athletic and could easily be a fire fighter.

P_Wop

Super Anarchist
Bay Area, CA
My late Dad was, among other things, surgeon to the three high security prisons in the Isle of Wight. He did a lot of tattoo removal, but some of the things he retrieved from unlikely places would surprise anyone. One inmate managed to swallow a metal bucket handle, for example.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
He is finishing his engineering degree this year at Davis and then I don’t know. He is quiet about stuff like that. The EMT schooling was a surprise and he passed up a lot to do it this summer. He did the WFR course a couple years ago. We have family friend who’s is a Paramedic up near Berkeley and still lives down here with his family. My son has always looked up to him and Dave is one of his fathers other then the actual one, me. I have always felt this son was born to be a doctor. He has natural empathy, is very level headed and organized, has incredible retention. Maybe he finishes college and then tries this out. He is also very athletic and could easily be a fire fighter.
That all sounds excellent. You done good! 👍 I know several Docs who started as a paramedic with various departments and then decided to go to medical school. One of them was the Medical Director for our department. Interesting guys. Conversely we had a few guys on the job who started as Physicians Assistants (PA’s) and being athletic were attracted to the fire department, got hired and after a few years went to PM school. Worked with one for a while. Good guy…..had a tendency to overthink sometimes but a real strong background. Anyway the moral of the story is….sounds like he’ll find his way into something that he finds rewarding.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm

A5464D45-E9A6-49E8-90E3-7A3AA19E694C.jpeg

Black Sox

Super Anarchist
Dublin, Ireland
My late Dad was, among other things, surgeon to the three high security prisons in the Isle of Wight. He did a lot of tattoo removal, but some of the things he retrieved from unlikely places would surprise anyone. One inmate managed to swallow a metal bucket handle, for example.
One has to wonder whether the swallow was voluntary?