LONQR 2

Ishmael

Fuctifino
s3k9h3h7b8q91.jpg

I guess it's better than strapping them to the roof.

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
I have a good friend whose parents used to go sailing with him as a “newborn” hanging in a string shopping bag off the deck beams down below….
I sailed with a guy who had baby sitting duties on race day. Brought his 2 1/2 year old daughter down to the boat and made a nice nest wedged between the bagged jibs down below before we started a 30 mile race.

On the last leg, the breeze came up and we really needed the #3 she was sleeping on. Rather than wake up his sleeping daughter, we blew up the Medium #1 about three hundred yards from the finish.

She slept through it all. Definition of a successful day.

Marcjsmith

Super Anarchist
Washington DC
Some people are just disgusting:

4i9mpf2j6iq91.jpg
When I was in Honolulu last week. Wife and I got to get on the boat to the Arizona Memorial before the navy crashed into the dock breaking it again and closing it down.

The park rangers made a specific announcement, several times regarding posing for pics for intsgram, tik-tok, etc and that it has no business at the memorial. and if they though that you were doing such a thing, you would be asked to leave.

Mind boggling that they have to make an announcement like that...

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
I sailed with a guy who had baby sitting duties on race day. Brought his 2 1/2 year old daughter down to the boat and made a nice nest wedged between the bagged jibs down below before we started a 30 mile race.

On the last leg, the breeze came up and we really needed the #3 she was sleeping on. Rather than wake up his sleeping daughter, we blew up the Medium #1 about three hundred yards from the finish.

She slept through it all. Definition of a successful day.
My sister and ex took our Nonsuch 30 in a lady's only race 40 or so years ago. Took my son with them at age five months. Mom had to feed the baby at one point in the race (my sister was not sailing so mom had to steer and breast feed. Someone protested, in fun) since there was a man onboard.

Latest posts