LONQR 2

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Only one friend I know of thats a vegetarian, her boyfriend is definately carnivore. They get along great. She will bring something like a black bean burger to throw on the grill when they come over, when we visit them having meat is never an issue. We've been on multi-day river trips and it's not an issue. And she never tries to convert or preach to anyone about her dietary preferences.

1670606973638.jpeg

Windward

Super Anarchist
When done correctly, dishes done with impossible/beyond products can be quite tasty. And spoken by an omnivore.

Done poorly? Ick... Sort of the same as any served item.

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
My friend eats anything and everything. He's eaten scorpions and crickets, and many other critters. We went to a Vegan restaurant. When he bit into the Tempe Bacon, he almost puked!

mikewof

mikewof
Ed doesn't even have the decency to vape like @mikewof and the cool kids.
No vape, bad stuff. The surface tension of the glycol-glycerine carrier is really miserable on the alveoli, and it seems to block the oxygen-blood transfer. It is probably better to smoke than vape, but both are bad. I quit smoking about 9 months ago, not a single cigarette since. Kava and nicotine gum got me through the worst of it. My lungs are much happier now.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
When A&W started selling fake burgers I tried one - it was reasonably convincing but I had to ask - Why? Either eat meat or don't.

It's kinda the food version of wood grain arborite - pick a lane and stay in it.

chester

Super Anarchist
No vape, bad stuff. The surface tension of the glycol-glycerine carrier is really miserable on the alveoli, and it seems to block the oxygen-blood transfer. It is probably better to smoke than vape, but both are bad. I quit smoking about 9 months ago, not a single cigarette since. Kava and nicotine gum got me through the worst of it. My lungs are much happier now.
glad you quit, been 27 months for me. my lungs are happier and so is my bank account

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
IRL (and here) I never see anyone criticizing anyone for eating meat, the reverse definitely not the case. For those of us who prefer out diets and lifestyles as live and let live for creatures with feet and parents how about just having a big ol helping of shutthefuckup.

beercanned

'fornia
Preachy meat eaters are just as intolerable as preachy vegans.

The issue is not what we choose to eat, but people who like to tell others what to do.

If you believe in liberty and freedom, and I mean really believe, then you are unperturbed by how others choose to live their lives.

If what others chose to do makes you uncomfortable, then you're not really the champion of freedom you claim to be.

chinabald

Super Anarchist
Congrats on quitting.

chinabald

Super Anarchist

The issue is not what we choose to eat, but people who like to tell others what to do.

If you believe in liberty and freedom, and I mean really believe, then you are unperturbed by how others choose to live their lives.

If what others chose to do makes you uncomfortable, then you're not really the champion of freedom you claim to be.
And then you have the meat eaters who want to tell other meat eaters how to eat their meat. I like it med rare. But I don’t care at all if someone wants it cooked well. It’s his steak. But you always have the guy who wants to tell someone else how they are ruining the meat.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
At one time I had 3 veggies (one was vegan) daughters/daughter in law's. The vegan was a PIA since even utensils that touched something non-vegan and then were used to stir/touch the vegan dish without washing were "contaminated" and could not be consumed. After a couple dinners trying unsuccessfully to figure out how to prepare the food when they were over we finally told her to bring and cook her own stuff. That went on for a couple years. The other two were just fine and we asked what they would like instead or they brought their own and we cooked it. After about 5 years all of them slowly reverted to omnivores.

Fad

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Soylent Blob is exactly who I was referring to. I don't preach to anyone, if someone asks I will tell them and stop when they aren't interested. I will say in my group of friends who are all 60+ and I am one of the older ones I am the only person who isn't on medications. I will take some ibuprofen when I overdo it. I agree that vegans can be pretentious and obnoxious but then I really don't know any, I mean it's Texas. I will point out that if the majority of the planet's population switched to plant based foods climate change would be very easy to accomplish. OK, now I am preaching so will just fuck off.

edit: If I am invited to dinner and they serve meat I will have some. It's not a religion but a lifestyle choice started when after a big steak I just didn't feel right, bacon is a special treat as is great bbq. I grew up in a family that it wasn't a meal without meat. My dad was diagnosed with cancer at my current age and none of the males on either side ever made it to 80. I don't really care how old I get but am determined to live on my own terms and never require anyone to wipe my ass.

Last edited:

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
When A&W started selling fake burgers I tried one - it was reasonably convincing but I had to ask - Why? Either eat meat or don't.

It's kinda the food version of wood grain arborite - pick a lane and stay in it.
I was in the middle of a meal at a kosher, vegan Chinese restaurant easting some tasty mu shu pork and the thought struck me: How would they know it was tasty and who are they fooling, me or themselves?

silent bob

Super Anarchist
New Jersey
Soylent Blob is exactly who I was referring to. I don't preach to anyone, if someone asks I will tell them and stop when they aren't interested. I will say in my group of friends who are all 60+ and I am one of the older ones I am the only person who isn't on medications. I will take some ibuprofen when I overdo it. I agree that vegans can be pretentious and obnoxious but then I really don't know any, I mean it's Texas. I will point out that if the majority of the planet's population switched to plant based foods climate change would be very easy to accomplish. OK, now I am preaching so will just fuck off.

edit: If I am invited to dinner and they serve meat I will have some. It's not a religion but a lifestyle choice started when after a big steak I just didn't feel right, bacon is a special treat as is great bbq. I grew up in a family that it wasn't a meal without meat. My dad was diagnosed with cancer at my current age and none of the males on either side ever made it to 80. I don't really care how old I get but am determined to live on my own terms and never require anyone to wipe my ass.
I have Canine teeth, you have Canine teeth. We are Omnivores. We eat plants, we eat meat. I am not ashamed about the fact that I eat meat! I am not ashamed that I sometimes hunt to get my meat. I am not ashamed that I catch fish to eat! I am also not ashamed that I have a garden to grow some of my food! We are animals, and this is part of our nature!

But I do draw the line at wiping your ass!

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland

Are you done preaching now?

Latest posts