Look what showed up in SUBIC?!

George Hackett

Super Anarchist
This Tri just showed up,here in Subic Bay. Was told another Scallywag?  Anyone know the scoop?

7073D8B1-358B-4028-B781-6A10BE442DA6.jpeg

El Borracho

Verified User
Pacific Rim
Fools, when arriving Subic one should tie up at either Arizona or Blue Rock floating bars, not some bleak harbor dock. It is free moorage, but I suppose the skipper could lose his entire crew to the sirens.

kinardly

Super Anarchist
All I could think of watching the  video was that scene in Waterworld when they outran the jetski pirates. You knew that was BS but if their tri had looked like this one......save your gas, jetskiers!

El Borracho

Verified User
Pacific Rim
Is Subic still an utter shithole?
Subic Port Free Zone port, or whatever it is, is a Made-Safe-For-Whitey-Zone. Sanitized, gated, and sterile. So yes, that is a shithole or for others a perhaps a paradise. Outside the gates Olongapo is a bit grimy. The floating bars are around the corner in Barrio Barretto where the water is much cleaner. It's a nice filipino-style resort town. Largely expats. The floating bars and nightlife are not for the timid...thus it is a perfect place to throw down the old anchor.

kinardly

Super Anarchist
"The floating bars and nightlife are not for the timid...thus it is a perfect place to throw down the old anchor."

I remember when it was martial law in Po City, the streets weren't paved and there was a gator in a small pond out in front of New Pauline's you fed baby ducks to. I doubt it could even be close to that today.

Latest posts