Look what showed up in SUBIC?!

George Hackett

Super Anarchist
With my younger son Mikey.  We met Sean later and that is part of the game plan.  Do some battles with Beau Geste. 

A25799AE-FD37-4110-8D98-4F94AC265777.jpeg

PBO

Super Anarchist
Ran out of food on the delivery apparently. Great seamanship. Hopefully Witty doesnt lose anyone off this thing 

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
Here is how they cleaned up the nightlife scene at Subic Bay. The Navy just moved the whole officers club bar at Cubi Point to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola! 

Cubi Bar to today

cubi-bar-header.jpg

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
3 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

Here is how they cleaned up the nightlife scene at Subic Bay. The Navy just moved the whole officers club bar at Cubi Point to the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola! 

Cubi Bar to today

thanks for that video, my siblings missed the trip to the museum with my dad,  he had been on many of those planes.  at least they'll see what they missed..

kinardly

Super Anarchist
It's been too long to remember for sure but I think that was the new Cubi O Club bar. The story is the old one was practically torn apart when two carriers pulled into Cubi at the same time. One of the ships had been on the line in the Gulf of Tonkin for more than sixty days due to the Forrestal catching fire on its way out to relieve them in 1967. The resulting destruction was the impetus for building the blockhouse JO bar down the  hill that was built and furnished to withstand anything the aircrews could throw at it. One of the fixtures was a catapult that shot a rider into a filthy pool if he failed to time his hook drop correctly. The idea was to keep the new club bar genteel enough for the P 3 pilots and their wives while the attack wing animals confined themselves to the blockhouse. (It worked).

Yes, officers and gentlemen all.