Looking to Crew for Dinghy Racing -- Newbie

JerseyGirl1985

Hi All, 

I took lessons on dinghy sailing last summer, and I'm involved as a chaperone with youth sailing.  I'd really like to start crewing myself for Flying Scots or something similar.  I'm planning on taking a local racing class when it's offered.  Any advice for how to find a boat?  Most of the posts in Crewing Anarchy are oriented towards bigger boats. 

I'm in Jersey, as you could guess from the user name. 

TeamFugu

Super Anarchist
SLC, UT
I think the best thing is to find a local fleet and ask around. Sometimes crew, especially good crew are hard to find. Locate a local fleet/club you'd like to get involved with. Show up to a regatta or practice and ask around. There might be someone who isn't participating that is short crew. If not, stick around and help people rig and launch. You'll still learn a lot and make some friends.

Thistle1678

I'm in south jersey, but have contacts all over for small boats, feel free to message and I'll give you a couple of contacts in your area. 

fastyacht

Super Anarchist
Margate Avalon Stone Harbor Cape May Brigantins Riverton Cooper River all have dinghy focused sailing yacht clubs. Quite a few others. 

Latest posts