Looking to Dinghy Sail in Cape Town

I'll be in Cape Town Jan 27 to Feb 3. I'd love to go for a sail or two, either single- or double-handed (with my wife). We currently sail RS100 and Laser, but anything reasonable would do. Any ideas where to look?

I've tried to find dinghy sailing in Hermanus...just down the coast a bit from CPT...and basically all their dignhy sailing seems to be done in lagoons...not on the open ocean with the crazy currents and rips.

You might find some keelboat tours out of V & A...or go over to the False Bay side and see if there is anything in Simonstown.

I tried to find dinghy opportunities as I was there a few months and gave up eventually....so if you find something please let me know for my next trip.

Major Tom

Super Anarchist
Darkest Africa
Have just got back from sailing a Nationals at Hermanus........

There are 3 dinghy clubs in Cape Town, Zeekoevlei Yacht Club, Imperial Yacht Club and Milnerton Aquatic Club. ZVYC is on the biggest piece of water and has the most members, and IYC is the smallest and their home waters are a small shallow puddle! The wind generally blows in CapeTown most of the summer making sailing offshore fairly dangerous without sufficient rescue facilities. The large number of great white sharks also adds to the fun factor. All the above mentioned clubs have Facebook pages so try getting hold of them, if you PM me I can get you phone numbers. Unfortunately I will be in France while you are here as I would have gladly let you take my scow for a sail.