LPE debt collection on TV….

torrid

Super Anarchist
Oh we're just a distribution center, you need to talk to the supplier in Portugal.  Oh, we can't pay your from here.  You need to talk to the branch in Germany.

Classic Nasty Rasty shell game.

Is there a Scranton branch?

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Not really a surprise is it . It’s not like it’s the first time he hasn’t paid his suppliers is it.

The only thing surprising thing was the amount of Sunfish in the warehouse as they have no value at all in the uk, as there is no market for them at all. 

So I can only think they were being stored before being shipped to the USA. But surely it must be cheaper to ship direct from Portugal to the USA ? 

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Okay, none of the boats I sail are made by LP, so forgive my ignorance. Is LP that bad of a company to deal with?
Err I think I quick scan of Laser or Sunfish threads on this forum for the last decade will tell you all you need to know about LP and Rasty. 
Or you could just Google Mcclaren baby buggies .

I am sure you will fine enough information to make your own mind up . 

Wavedancer II

Anarchist
There's a guy over here in the USA who also doesn't pay his bills... And since he loves show biz, perhaps The Sheriffs could do a show on him.

Many refer to him as TFG (The Former Guy).

shebeen

Super Anarchist
Oh we're just a distribution center, you need to talk to the supplier in Portugal.  Oh, we can't pay your from here.  You need to talk to the branch in Germany.

Classic Nasty Rasty shell game.

Is there a Scranton branch?
oh what's this one then?

It's a fun boat

we can all get in it then

does it have a bar?!

classic stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

torrid

Super Anarchist
Okay, none of the boats I sail are made by LP, so forgive my ignorance. Is LP that bad of a company to deal with?
A non-sailor bought up Laser Performance in Europe and Vanguard in the US.  Why a non-sailor would do that, I do not know.

He already had some shady dealings with his other companies.  He proceeded to alienate multiple class associations, cut back on distribution, and stop paying his bills.  There is also a decade-long series of lawsuits about payment of royalties on the Laser design, the subject of many, many threads.

He has completely run the company into the ground, but it somehow keeps functioning through a series of shell corporations.  The Laser class has moved on with new builders, but Sunfish class is pretty much screwed and stuck with LP.

torrid

Super Anarchist
I want to see the episode where they show up to collect the millions due to Bruce Kirby's heirs.

Xeon

Anarchist
England
Debt collectors calling the on LP warehouse in the uk to collect £10,000 for the company they were using to deliver their boats . 

They did get money in the end after being passed to LP Portugal, then LP Germany and finally LP in America ( I think ).

In the uk the advantage of getting a court order , is the court enforcement officers have the right of entry to a company ( by force if necessary) and can remove all company property to sell to pay the debt and for their cost too if the company does not pay up there and then  :D

RobbieB

Super Anarchist
Charleston, SC
Not really a surprise is it . It’s not like it’s the first time he hasn’t paid his suppliers is it.

The only thing surprising thing was the amount of Sunfish in the warehouse as they have no value at all in the uk, as there is no market for them at all. 

So I can only think they were being stored before being shipped to the USA. But surely it must be cheaper to ship direct from Portugal to the USA ? 
those are probably 2022 worlds boats.

torrid

Super Anarchist
Did Nasty sic his lawyers on whoever posted it?  I guess that assumes he can still afford lawyers.

I wonder if he reads these threads.