Lubing Traveler Balls

Quickstep192

Anarchist
Chesapeake
I noticed my traveler starting to stick a bit and washed it out with dish soap and lots of fresh water.

Once it’s dry, what the most appropriate lubricant?

ExOmo

Best Anarchist Ever
The Great Void

Gouvernail

Lottsa people don’t know I’m famous
Austin Texas
My first windward sheeting traveler car was acquired at about two years of age and the flattened balls blew out in the second regatta we sailed.
After replacing the balls, I occasionally squirted TriFlow to both rinse out dirt and lubricate.
That was in 1986. I really don’t care if there is a better way.

yoyo

Anarchist
As ExOmo posted. Cleaning and flushing with soap and water - both the car and track. It's surprising how much better things work with just a proper cleaning. Add one-drop after. You use so little that the tube may last a lifetime - share with friends.

Quickstep192

Anarchist
Chesapeake
I got and applied the McLube One Drop.

My fingertips aren’t exactly a petrochemical analysis lab, but McLube One Drop feels a lot like a lightweight sewing machine or gun oil to me. But, I’m sure it contains special boat additives.

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
do not under any circumstances put WD40 on any ball bearings on a sailboat unless they are steel in a steel race and already corroded beyond belief.
all those little bits and bobs with ball bearings in em should be rinsed out with fresh water frequently. Salt crystals will form around them if left to dry with salt water on them and it will chew them up in a hurry.