Luna Rossa Challenge. AC 36

RobG

Super Anarchist
Up in the sky moment 11:55 into the video. I wish it was also shown in real speed, not just slow-mo
It's in both real and slow. Looks like they go too high, get some rudder ventilation, stern sinks so bow pitches up, then it settles back without dramas.  

weta27

Super Anarchist
Is the jib telltale supposed to be over the window?
Strange arrangement - a mini-window just above the second jib batten, with two telltales??? No idea what it could be for.

tt.jpg

weta27

Super Anarchist
Code Zero day.

LR and INEOS both had CZs and at times struggled to get up in the light breeze, especially INEOS.

AM meanwhile had their No1 up and were screaming around the harbour. The other two changed to their No.1s later on, but rarely got up and running at the same time. AM left early.

Extremely cool to see three AC75s in the same piece of water, up quite close, and they do look beautiful flying the Code Zeros.

[New foil alert]

DSC_0678.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0696.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0910.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

DSC_1005.jpg

Rainier

Code Zero day.

LR and INEOS both had CZs and at times struggled to get up in the light breeze, especially INEOS.

AM meanwhile had their No1 up and were screaming around the harbour. The other two changed to their No.1s later on, but rarely got up and running at the same time. AM left early.

Extremely cool to see three AC75s in the same piece of water, up quite close, and they do look beautiful flying the Code Zeros.

[New foil alert] View attachment 405463

Fuck me if this pic doesn't define what AC sailing has become.  25 grinders per boat but they gotta go furl the sail by hand.

Furl the jib.

Which one is that?

The big one on the bow!

The bow?

breezie

coromandel
It's in both real and slow. Looks like they go too high, get some rudder ventilation, stern sinks so bow pitches up, then it settles back without dramas.  
eeeeekkkkk not to sure i want to be in the same bit of water as them!   they dont look really in control