Luna Rossa Challenge. AC 37

richiec

Super Anarchist
Sydney
8/9 years from now? In Cagliari?
Cagliari would be spectacular - Porto Cervo - better? 

There is NO QUESTION - Italy would host the most spectacular event in AC history. Nothing done by half measures. Thanks for giving it a red hot go (rosa forza?) fellas. With or without Jim as part of your team, MANY in Australia were on your side. Superb effort and look forward to the next one. Grazi Mille!!!

Thewas

So, considering that ETNZ and ITUK will be writing the next protocol, is there going to be a chapter about the need for any boat to be that ugly in order to compete?  :D

LR team and the whole New Zealand just put some sun in this pretty dark moment. Except Tina, of course. ;-)

strider470

Super Anarchist
So, considering that ETNZ and ITUK will be writing the next protocol, is there going to be a chapter about the need for any boat to be that ugly in order to compete?  :D

LR team and the whole New Zealand just put some sun in this pretty dark moment. Except Tina, of course. ;-)
Tina has been unbearable and offensive

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
You are going to regret this enthusiasms in retrospect,  Jays, in three years :D :D ;) it already started!
Its all good fella, it gives me 3 years to practice calling you "a son of a whore " in Italian in case Luna Rossa win it.  :lol:

Besides, if you don't defend against the best then what have you really achieved? As long as Bertarelli keeps the fuck away, I'm ok.

jaysper

Super Anarchist
Wellington
is bertelli going to be the modern age lipton?
I think Lipton was far too polite to win the cup. Although Bertelli and Prada have always been a great team, they lacked that mongrel streak required to win the cup up until this one.

I don't know if Jimmy brought that to the team, if Max Sirena brought it to the team from ETNZ or how else they may have gotten it.

But I think Prada now have a genuine ability to win this thing.

Even this time around, had ETNZ taken just a few more days to get a handle on their boat it might have happened for Prada.

Zaal

Anarchist
Italy
I hope LR AC37 campaign will start asap. It' s difficult to start the design of the new boat without knowing the next rule, but at least they could start sailing B1 vs B2 until there is a protocol that prohibits it. And maybe they can do something also on the design side. They could build new wings and test them, or new systems. 

I think that using this months in the right way while ETNZ and Ineos are are drafting the Protocol could be great move. 

strider470

Super Anarchist
I hope LR AC37 campaign will start asap. It' s difficult to start the design of the new boat without knowing the next rule, but at least they could start sailing B1 vs B2 until there is a protocol that prohibits it. And maybe they can do something also on the design side. They could build new wings and test them, or new systems. 

I think that using this months in the right way while ETNZ and Ineos are are drafting the Protocol could be great move. 
They should try asap the same foil shape of the Kiwis and see of and how much the boat improves

Thewas

or just crank all kind of foil shapes into a tank and 4 or 5 hulls into the Ferrari wind tunnel just for fun. ;-)

Edit: something that ETNZ likely did three years ago, in the six months between the Match and the Protocol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaal

Anarchist
Italy
or just crank all kind of foil shapes into a tank and 4 or 5 hulls into the Ferrari wind tunnel just for fun. ;-)

Edit: something that ETNZ likely did three years ago, in the six months between the Match and the Protocol.
Or the Politecnico wind tunnel. I could patrol nearby to see if I spot Max, Martin Fischer or Carabelli  :D

Thewas

And then write a protocol that says no one else can.......
It's the AC: we all have to deal with this kind of moves from the defender. It's not great but these are the game's unwritten rules.  -_-
I'm pretty sure whatever will unroll before our eyes in the next 3/6 months will be way more painful to stand.

Thewas

They should try asap the same foil shape of the Kiwis and see of and how much the boat improves
Not sure about it, too complex machines. No way to go for smaller foils without changing the mainsail, lowering the CoE, rebuilding the hull and asking PB how to helm it.  :D