Luna Rossa Challenge. AC 37

buckdouger

Anarchist
Maybe they didn't see the need for the media blitz and when TNZ made their announcement, they probably followed suit. 
If you read the Italian story the focus is on whether Mario Cipollini had been talked to. 

The stuff about Jimmy and Max seems almost an aside, a context of this next campaign. 

Up to the Saily.it section, Stuff tries to write an article about the Gazzetto blurb that is somehow longer than the source article with no new info, and in doing so slightly changes the thrust of the article. 

It's been clear from very early on that Max was committed, yet if you read Stuff you might interpret it as having just happened.

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
Barcelona convenient and beautiful - although AKL would have been preferable. Only concern is wind, he quotes a lower 4-8 kts range, will imply extreme solutgions for the foils

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
Vittorio Bissaro, 2019 Nacra 17 World Champion, has joined LRPP. Same is rumored for the current olympic champ Ruggero Tita, while their crews would fit in nicely in the Women’s AC40

Last edited by a moderator:

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
Vittorio Bissaro, 2019 Nacra 17 World Champion, has joined LRPP. Same is rumored for the current olympic champ Ruggero Tita, while their crews would fit in nicely in the Women’s AC40
It will be interesting how ruggi role will fit with his olympic campaign though. Not easy

dogwatch

Super Anarchist
South Coast, UK
This one has already been posted in English translation in another thread. Nothing to confirm it on the club’s website or FB page. Looks like a spoof. 

Stingray~

Super Anarchist
PNW
Nice enough. There are efforts in the Puget Sound here near me to restore kelp forests and such, it's a cool subject.

Fiji Bitter

I love Fiji Bitter
In the wild.

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
Anyone knows why this "radio silence"? I know there is a lot of work being performed in Cagliari, I wonder that probably they want to start communicating stuff later. Building setup /sailing team etc...

It will be interesting to see who will drive the ship... the more the time passes, the more Ruggi is showing a total dominance in the Nacra, never seen before in any olympic classes (maybe just burling in the 49er in 2013-16). Currently leading the Euros with less than half-points of 2nd! https://nacra17.org/events/2022-european-championship/#results
I guess it is hard to challenge Jimmy and Checco, but Ruggi performance is really out of this world right now.

dg_sailingfan

Super Anarchist
Augsburg
Anyone knows why this "radio silence"? I know there is a lot of work being performed in Cagliari, I wonder that probably they want to start communicating stuff later. Building setup /sailing team etc...

It will be interesting to see who will drive the ship... the more the time passes, the more Ruggi is showing a total dominance in the Nacra, never seen before in any olympic classes (maybe just burling in the 49er in 2013-16). Currently leading the Euros with less than half-points of 2nd! https://nacra17.org/events/2022-european-championship/#results
I guess it is hard to challenge Jimmy and Checco, but Ruggi performance is really out of this world right now.
There are rumors Ruggi wants to start an Italian Sail GP Team and these rumors are persisting since February/March.