Luna Rossa Challenge. AC 37

NZK

Anarchist
Roaming
So Pietro Sibello has left LR to join Alinghi as sailing team advisor - any news on who will replace him on mainsheet for LR?

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
I may sound repetitive, but Ruggi just won the nacra 17 world with 3 races to spare!

currently he and Caterina have 15 points in 15 Races, with 1 discard! can anybody rember anything like that in the whole history of Olympic sailing?

I am curious about how the helm situation will evolve. I guess there will be 3 people for 2 places

Xlot

Super Anarchist
Rome
I may sound repetitive, but Ruggi just won the nacra 17 world with 3 races to spare!

currently he and Caterina have 15 points in 15 Races, with 1 discard! can anybody rember anything like that in the whole history of Olympic sailing?

I am curious about how the helm situation will evolve. I guess there will be 3 people for 2 places
And with Italian boats taking 1st, 2nd and 5-6th, filling out the crew for the Women’s ACWS won’t be a problem

buckdouger

Anarchist

Yeah that was incredible to follow. Hard to find enough superlatives to describe a performance like that.

I went looking back to see how Tita fared in the moth. So far ended up behind Bruni. What, if anything, do you make of that? Not sure how much time either had in the class.

With Sibello gone, is Banti as a wing trimmer even a remote possibility? That would be a huge step for the AC

17mika

Anarchist
Milan, Italy
I went looking back to see how Tita fared in the moth. So far ended up behind Bruni. What, if anything, do you make of that? Not sure how much time either had in the class.
hard to say. only real comparison I saw was at last year worlds, where in my opinion Checco was better in the starts I saw, while ruggi was already superior in boathandling (ex tacks), where checco cannot be as good as the younger guys. then they also had different boats, and they came very close in the end (ruggi before the last race was 3rd).

the way I see ruggi now on the moth, I believe that he could get on the podium of a worlds. but I think focus of both of them will switch to Luna rossa, so not sure they will be able to sail the next 2 moth worlds.

I would love to see caterina really involved in pro sailing and luna rossa as well, but I think that the wing trimmer will come out from these 4 (jimmy, ruggi, checco and vitto bissaro).

buckdouger

Anarchist
Screenshot_20220911-201437.png