MacAfee expired - anyone else getting this here?

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
So every now and then and only when on SA forums my screen goes to 'your MacAfee license has expired". It goes away by going back a page, just wondering if this is part of ad revenue or has something crept in? If I had a license it expired years ago. TIA.

Never mind, after checking it's a scam (duh!) and am taking steps to remove it. Just odd that SA is the only place it appears.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
I cleaned up FF and it hasn't happened again, I did have to go back and tweak some of the settings as graphics were corrupted. I installed Malwarebytes and found nothing - FF does a pretty good job at stopping crapware by itself. This is a 4 year old Lenovo laptop with win10 still chugging along but did replace hd last summer as a preventative measure. Some of the ads are annoying but not installing anything else unless I have to. SA is worth every penny so far...

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Happened again last night - backspace makes it go away. Also ran hitmanpro and nothing found.

Mrleft8

Super Anarchist
Suwanee River
Funny... Since I opened this thread a little while ago, my Ad Block Plus stopped working, and I'm getting tons of spam emails.... I think there might be a virus/hack involved here.....

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
I can no longer access on my Mac. I’ve deleted all cookies, logins, etc. cannot log back in to SA without getting hijacked and taken to other sites.

techadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Guys, do you see this redirect anytime? Because I don't see it but I'm doing my best to troubleshoot. We don't have any malicious script installed on the site.

Go Left

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Guys, do you see this redirect anytime? Because I don't see it but I'm doing my best to troubleshoot. We don't have any malicious script installed on the site.
Yep. Especially if I've clicked on a random link. But only when I'm connected through my office server.

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
It's gone today. Yesterday I couldn't get in to any thread, on an office-managed Mac. Worked fine on my phone. But today? no issues.

Latest posts