Australia
You got a multihull!
Err...No!
Why are we using exclamation marks?
IMG_0304_zpscvobly8s.JPG

shaggybaxter

Super Anarchist
Australia
Ehhhh no brown water here…and that core blather is fine for lightweight thin skinned affairs not something that may take bottom on the tide,
That core blather sure is lightweight, but nor is it thin skinned or unable to 'take bottom'. How can a cored hull be thin skinned?

Lark

Supper Anarchist
Ohio
Cleaned, waxed, tank filled, repairs made. Spares and gear loading, I’m almost converted from daysailing to cruising mode over three evenings, after working some long hours. How do you guys do it if you can’t park in front of the house?

It does help the GF is out of town, so I can have boat bits all over the family room and kitchen for sorting and cleaning, with the dining room as a depot.

Foredeck Shuffle

More of a Stoic Cynic, Anarchy Sounds Exhausting
The boat don’t need to be any stronger really. It needs to be light. And the outer skins need to be a little puncture proof so they have a minimum thickness and any further coring is extra weight. What part of “engineering for a purpose” dont you understand?
If a better construction process had been used it would have been lighter and stronger. But it was not so it is weaker and heavier. It was engineered to be cheap, so if you are arguing that it was purpose built to be cheap then that we can agree upon.

Ixneigh

Grand Moff
That core blather sure is lightweight, but nor is it thin skinned or unable to 'take bottom'. How can a cored hull be thin skinned?
It is if you want to keep it light, a 26 foot cored boat probably won’t have a 3/8 inch thick or better outer hull skin. That means when I hit that submerged pipe in the shallows I would have impaled a cored boat on it, Instead of just titanicing a 1/4 deep gouge down the bottom.
Cleaned, waxed, tank filled, repairs made. Spares and gear loading, I’m almost converted from daysailing to cruising mode over three evenings, after working some long hours. How do you guys do it if you can’t park in front of the house?

It does help the GF is out of town, so I can have boat bits all over the family room and kitchen for sorting and cleaning, with the dining room as a depot.
they probably have docks behind their houses.

Ixneigh

Grand Moff
If a better construction process had been used it would have been lighter and stronger. But it was not so it is weaker and heavier. It was engineered to be cheap, so if you are arguing that it was purpose built to be cheap then that we can agree upon.
Ohhh come on you can do better. The boat can not physically be driven hard enough under sail to damage it. The people who buy it don’t plan to go in open ocean because the design is unsuitable, not enough sail to punch through heavy seas. Too narrow on the beam, little form stability. It’s engineered to be hard for a novice to break. Now I could build a light strong cored boat, but she wouldn’t be cored below the waterline and she wouldn’t be cheap. And I certainly could take 250000 and buy some fancy fast keel boat. If I wanted to impress SA that is…which still hasn’t found me a better boat for money for the type of cruising I wanted to do,

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
Okay this is getting good! Some troll makes an account called Ixneigh, avatar's as a furry, and so far has lasted 4 pages in defense of the execrable Mac 26.

I still think it might be this guy

Ixneigh

Grand Moff
Okay this is getting good! Some troll makes an account called Ixneigh, avatar's as a furry, and so far has lasted 4 pages in defense of the execrable Mac 26.

I still think it might be this guy

Nooooooo I’m not that guy. Indeed Ive been ixneigh on the Mac sailors site for over a decade. Same avatar too, stilllllll editing gif all you pro sailor types to find me a better boat for the price for the type of sailing I do…

SPORTSCAR

Super Anarchist
Just when we all thought it was safe to go back on the water, could this Mac 26 abomination usher in the dreaded Next Mode?
They have cleverly done away with the complications of the mast, sails and rigging but somehow maintained similar 'sail area'.
Note the inspired use of the existing chain-plate attachment to secure the superstructure.

Genius.... or Homo?

DSCN0268.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts