Makes my marina look tame.

Autonomous

Turgid Member
PNW
I suppose a comment about asian drivers would be politically incorrect......

Not that I would care.

WL
I have Asian in laws, most of whom I think highly of. I was a passenger of one of the 'not so much'  members in a Mexican city and the countryside. I will not make that mistake again. She'd fit right in with that yacht club above. My wife's best friend (RIP) was Asian-Euro. Everyone that knew her loved and respected her. When she went out with friends she never had to drive, someone always volunteered. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

IStream

Super Anarchist
2 hours ago, See Level said:

I've seen worse.

I was "volunteered" to helm a friend's vessel on Lake Union during the fireworks one year. It was one of the most stressful and unpleasant times I've ever spent on a boat. 

Windward

Super Anarchist
I was "volunteered" to helm a friend's vessel on Lake Union during the fireworks one year. It was one of the most stressful and unpleasant times I've ever spent on a boat. 
Fleet week in SF bay is up there for chaos.  

longy

Overlord of Anarchy
San Diego
I was newly arrived in Newport Bch. Boat next door, a Col 50, asked me to drive it one night during Xmas Parade. 30 minutes after leaving the slip, all others onboard well into drinks, the fog came in, immediately down to 60' visibility. Utter chaos - brightly lit boats floundering all about with no idea where they were going. I found the edge of the fairway & kept close, that way I was only watching one side for impacts. The fog would brighten, a boat would emerge, turn & disappear. I kept to the edges, followed the around several pts/inlets, finally found the slip.

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
No one who actually knows how to operate a boat, sail or power, willingly goes to those things. At least not twice.

IStream

Super Anarchist
Back when they used to have fireworks in Elliott Bay, I actually enjoyed taking friends out for the show every year. There was enough elbow room in the bay that you could easily find a spot with a great view and little need for constant jockeying.

Lake Union? NFW. 

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
On 10/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, Mid said:

It's hard to believe those boats can go that fast.  Their bows look designed to send them airborne.  And with that long shaft, how do they keep it from wobbling itself to destruction?