MARCH FOR OUR LIVES.

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
hey Tom, what IS your opinion of the guns they are actually talking about? the AR15 
My opinion is that they should do what I did: read the legislation and learn that they are talking about a LOT more guns than the AR15. And that the whole "military weapons that don't belong on the streets" thing is BS designed to disguise a ban on ordinary .22's like mine.

I'm uninterested in AR's and other scary looking guns. I like my single shot .17 HMR and my 30-30 cowboy gun. Which I guess is a bit like liking sailing, but in catboats. It's admittedly weird.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
My opinion is that they should do what I did: read the legislation and learn that they are talking about a LOT more guns than the AR15. And that the whole "military weapons that don't belong on the streets" thing is BS designed to disguise a ban on ordinary .22's like mine.

I'm uninterested in AR's and other scary looking guns. I like my single shot .17 HMR and my 30-30 cowboy gun. Which I guess is a bit like liking sailing, but in catboats. It's admittedly weird.
FFS Tom..just answer what you think about AR15's as asked...it wouldn't kill you to say what you think. do you think that there should be more restrictions on these particular guns or not?

If you simply say yes or no..We'll all buy you a virtual slab :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Pertinacious Tom

Importunate Member
Punta Gorda FL
FFS Tom..just answer what you think about AR15's as asked...it wouldn't kill you to say what you think.
I have said before that, although I'm not interested in owning one, I will buy as many as possible in private sales after joining the NRA and donating until it hurts if I think there's some chance that the FL ban on my .22 will pass. I'm Uncooperative that way. They don't wish to listen to me about whether my gun is a weapon of war? OK, I'll make sure they accomplish the opposite of their purpose, as usual, and INCREASE sales of the very weapons they hate most.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
I have said before that, although I'm not interested in owning one, I will buy as many as possible in private sales after joining the NRA and donating until it hurts if I think there's some chance that the FL ban on my .22 will pass. I'm Uncooperative that way. They don't wish to listen to me about whether my gun is a weapon of war? OK, I'll make sure they accomplish the opposite of their purpose, as usual, and INCREASE sales of the very weapons they hate most.
well ok. now we know :D

I'm a Girl of my word.

here's your slab :)

image.jpeg

I'd have got you some good beer, but I'm supporting our local beer industry..just to spite the germans.

Saorsa

Super Anarchist
So much for Soreasses defence classes.

Or was it Warpedbird?

Will a cheese sandwich jam an AR?
Just about anything will.  Autoloaders are kinda persnickety and anything that degrades the cycle can leave them as an expensive club.

PS, if the shooter is wearing it on one of those cool slings consider using it to strangle him once the weapon is neutralized.

badlatitude

Super Anarchist
Even with $12k in accessories? Is that why you really sold it?

But on the thread topic, there were at least a couple hundred walking over the harbor bridge when we were returning from Fishin' Frank's tent sale. My grandson already understands that, while our pontoon boat and our Twin Vee 22 look darn similar, they're very different boats. I used the analogy to explain to him that some well-intentioned but ignorant people think our .22's are the same as weapons of war, which is about the same as saying our pontoon boat is the same as the fishing catamaran. Except for the whole "more than twice the horsepower" thing.

I think he got it.
Did you tell them that the Israeli Army uses them for sniper weapons? 

8.jpg

Operator armed with the Ruger 10/22 Suppressed sniper rifle during the Israeli-Palestinian clashes in the Occupied Territories, October 2000. Note that the sniper has a Sig Sauer handgun tacked in his vest.

Terrorvision

Super Anarchist
You know the grabberz are getting nervous when the memes are getting as outrageous as this one. My facebook timeline is filled with pathetic memes from them.

Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 08.27.35.jpg

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Even with $12k in accessories? Is that why you really sold it?

But on the thread topic, there were at least a couple hundred walking over the harbor bridge when we were returning from Fishin' Frank's tent sale. My grandson already understands that, while our pontoon boat and our Twin Vee 22 look darn similar, they're very different boats. I used the analogy to explain to him that some well-intentioned but ignorant people think our .22's are the same as weapons of war, which is about the same as saying our pontoon boat is the same as the fishing catamaran. Except for the whole "more than twice the horsepower" thing.

I think he got it.
You have blurry details about one higher court ruling (Kolbe, of Mar. 2017, which supported MD's AW ban,  based on two Heller statements).  You willfully and perniciously confuse those battle gun particulars (i.e. "most useful in  military service," "and "M-16's and the like") with other state legislation. Over and over.

And you use this brainwashing the kid on the day of a major march, while messing about in small boats. I think I get the picture.

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
FFS Tom..just answer what you think about AR15's as asked...it wouldn't kill you to say what you think. do you think that there should be more restrictions on these particular guns or not?

If you simply say yes or no..We'll all buy you a virtual slab :D
You're wasting your time. The only answer Tom has to anything is .22

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
While some of the children who spoke at yesterday’s rally are too young to vote, thinking it safe to ignore the calls for action is foolhardy. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-voters/vote-them-out-thousands-register-to-vote-at-u-s-gun-control-marches-idUSKBN1H00RY

These kids are mad. 
Nah, the youngsters will be voting for a very long time.  It's best to have the twilight-of-life folks dismissing what the young have to say by using straw men to carry apples to oranges, or otherwise ignoring them.  That will ensure moderation in whatever changes get made in the future.  

Bus Driver

Cunning Linguist
Nah, the youngsters will be voting for a very long time.  It's best to have the twilight-of-life folks dismissing what the young have to say by using straw men to carry apples to oranges, or otherwise ignoring them.  That will ensure moderation in whatever changes get made in the future.  
Speaking of “dismissing what the young have to say” -

Interesting to stand at the Rally and see this, when so many here say the 2nd Amendment is the most important. Me thinks the order they were written suggests otherwise. And, so many are saying these young adults should “shut up”....

5365BDE3-6054-43D7-805A-1CF0B8EFD2EF.jpeg

jocal505

moderate, informed, ex-gunowner
near Seattle, Wa
Donate to NRA until in hurts?  You said you favored the hapless SAF. ANd CATO created Heller, so why the love?

What a phony. For your information, see Wiki,  true civil disobedience involves two things,  going public, then going to jail. Even Thoreau pushed it to that point, and not about fucking guns. Poser poser poser.

Writs Cracker

Here
Straw men make good archery targets.