Medical Technology

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
Well then, what are your plans for after life?
Buried , burned, here or there?
A bit of drift here, I really don’t care about that, well what happens with my remains. Cremation for sure because it is the cheapest and most flexible for my family. I will certainly take advantage of a National cemetery veteran plot and headstone the rest of the cremains I have some creative ideas 😀
Buddy I worked with for…..a long time……had as his wish to be cremated, mixed in a load of fire retardant and dropped on a brush fire. Illegal as hell but I heard it got done.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Well then, what are your plans for after life?
Buried , burned, here or there?
A bit of drift here, I really don’t care about that, well what happens with my remains. Cremation for sure because it is the cheapest and most flexible for my family. I will certainly take advantage of a National cemetery veteran plot and headstone the rest of the cremains I have some creative ideas 😀
I will be cremated here. Then my wife will spread some of the ashes in our Japanese garden and some in the forest behind the house. The rest will go to my daughter back home in PA, she will spread the rest of the ashes in one of my favorite trout streams, and in Lake Erie. I don't care or need to occupy space in a cemetery.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
There was that one time of open chest cardiac massage
alas… no avail
Interesting however
When I was working in the ER at FT Sam Houston, the city EMS brought in a patient with multiple gunshot wounds in the torso and abdomen. He wasn't in very good shape upon arrival and after 15 minutes in the trauma room, and then his heart stopped. The attending told one of the residents resident to crack his chest. The resident looked a little shocked and nervous as the doc talked him through the procedure. In a short time the patient's heart was half hanging out of the side of his chest and and incredibly, the monitor showed a reasonably regular rhythm. The patient was sent up to the OR.

About 2 hours later we had a little lull and a couple of other medics and myself went up to the OR to see how the guy was doing. When we walked into the room, the patient was lying on the table opened up from stem to stern as two surgeons were doing their thing. I saw a couple of plastic medical 'Tupperware' containers nearby. I looked in one and it was a good sized chunk of liver. The other one contained a kidney with a bullet hole through it. Around that time one surgeon said to the other "This is rapidly turning from a warm autopsy to a cold one." One of the most memorable statements I ever heard working in the medical business. The other doctor remarked that the heart rhythm looked rather erratic, like Vfib. The first doc said that he had his hand on the patients heart. So the second told the first to take his hand off of the heart. The erratic rhythm went to a flat line. The first doc looked up at the clock on the wall and said "Hmm, 3:42 a.m., let's pronounce him. They peeled off their gloves as they walked out of the OR and left the nurses to straighten and clean everything up.

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
When I was working in the ER at FT Sam Houston, the city EMS brought in a patient with multiple gunshot wounds in the torso and abdomen. He wasn't in very good shape upon arrival and after 15 minutes in the trauma room, and then his heart stopped. The attending told one of the residents resident to crack his chest. The resident looked a little shocked and nervous as the doc talked him through the procedure. In a short time the patient's heart was half hanging out of the side of his chest and and incredibly, the monitor showed a reasonably regular rhythm. The patient was sent up to the OR.

About 2 hours later we had a little lull and a couple of other medics and myself went up to the OR to see how the guy was doing. When we walked into the room, the patient was lying on the table opened up from stem to stern as two surgeons were doing their thing. I saw a couple of plastic medical 'Tupperware' containers nearby. I looked in one and it was a good sized chunk of liver. The other one contained a kidney with a bullet hole through it. Around that time one surgeon said to the other "This is rapidly turning from a warm autopsy to a cold one." One of the most memorable statements I ever heard working in the medical business. The other doctor remarked that the heart rhythm looked rather erratic, like Vfib. The first doc said that he had his hand on the patients heart. So the second told the first to take his hand off of the heart. The erratic rhythm went to a flat line. The first doc looked up at the clock on the wall and said "Hmm, 3:42 a.m., let's pronounce him. They peeled off their gloves as they walked out of the OR and left the nurses to straighten and clean everything up.
Sad… many similar memories.
We had typical sized garbage can by the door from the heli pad with a sigh over it Body Parts

veni vidi vici

I cast and faired a , cut with chainsaw and power plane 15-20 keels average 5,000 lbs each. All sorts of solvents, resins, catalysts, Imron , Awlgrip . Dusts from everything we worked on in the building process. So far so good.

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
I cast and faired a , cut with chainsaw and power plane 15-20 keels average 5,000 lbs each. All sorts of solvents, resins, catalysts, Imron , Awlgrip . Dusts from everything we worked on in the building process. So far so good.
Yeah well……some escape the consequences…..some simply delay them……and some - like me, suddenly and unexpectedly (although it shouldn’t be unexpected - I knew in some part of my brain it would) it catches up with you and…..there you are. I hope you’re one of those who escape.

veni vidi vici

Yeah well……some escape the consequences…..some simply delay them……and some - like me, suddenly and unexpectedly (although it shouldn’t be unexpected - I knew in some part of my brain it would) it catches up with you and…..there you are. I hope you’re one of those who escape.
I had a lung scan for asbestos in particular and that was clear, lung capacity is good. I had PC in 2015 and PSA as been good and stable. I am 74 now in pretty good health. It used to be on the back of my mind for most of my life.

veni vidi vici

2FE5B55D-DE2B-4085-AF93-5C6CCC7C02AC.jpeg