Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

Flatbag

Super Anarchist
get back to work OCS !!....That handle suits you! :rolleyes:
Flatbag -So is CD looking at DCLR8?
No idea about that - not my game.

Hypothetical but it seems a reasonable proposition though, to at least look at DCLR8 if you were considering the big spend to do a new build of a similar sized boat by the same designer, particularly when refinements to a sister yacht have shown that it can be significantly improved. CDs past history shows all 2/h boats, not new, so he's not fazed by that.

Will be interesting to see what transpires.

Big refurb and further mods to the current boat planned first, then Hobart 07, then ???You can be sure Wharro won't stand still for long while the "A" fleet gets even faster.
Grant has gone on record as saying a "new boat is on Don's drawing board".

I suppose it is one thing to have it on the board and another to put it on the water ..eh!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Don

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
CD to get an R/P IRC 45. Google "Sjambok" launched Dec 2006 first race at the recent Key West I think, or check out Hakes Marine in Wellington.

The S38 starting with "Chu...." is being "retired" for an R/P 40 NOT a 42. I heard being built at Hart Marine.

Jason AUS

Super Anarchist
Sydney
While we're discussing fast 40'ers, does anyone know what happened to Bob Steel's old N/M 46 "Quest" ?

I know she went to Tassie, and after JB died she went to QLD, did one Southport race (06) and disappeared? That was one motherf*cking fast boat...

Flatbag

Super Anarchist
While we're discussing fast 40'ers, does anyone know what happened to Bob Steel's old N/M 46 "Quest" ?
I know she went to Tassie, and after JB died she went to QLD, did one Southport race (06) and disappeared? That was one motherf*cking fast boat...
Now owned by Kevin Miller? Currently listed for sale with Jake.

richiec

Super Anarchist
Sydney
I have been sailing regularly on Flirt. The boat has been sold and will be coming to Sydney for the Gold Coast race - the plan is that it will still be doing the East Coast programme. Flirt will be replaced, but to dispell some pretty amusing rumours - as of right now nothing is set in stone.
I can add to the rumour mill by mentioning that Bright Star - the TP52 from New York - has been sold to a Sydney owner and is on its way shortly. We heard this from the vendor.
I also heard Bright Star is on it's way from a very reliable source. Be good to get a few more of these flyers into Aussie waters.

Markb

Anarchist
Brisbane
Quest is still in Brisbane did Airle, Hammo last year and just did Gladstone. Was chartered out for Coffs. To deep to fit into Manly so is kept up the River

richiec

Super Anarchist
Sydney
Quest is still in Brisbane did Airle, Hammo last year and just did Gladstone. Was chartered out for Coffs. To deep to fit into Manly so is kept up the River
new TP on the way to SYD? Might possibly be re-named ... Quest...

dbo

After speaking to insiders is appears:

1. Chutpah to be replaced by RP40 built at Harts.

2. Dolly to have surgery but not for sale.

3. Cougar boys in Spain as we speak re TP52. Hope it holds together if they buy one from the med.

4. RP45 for Flirt boys not so certain now. Onwer has "little pee pee" and wants bigger boat, but not necessarily TP52 bigger. They will have new boat for this year's Hobart Race though.

5. DK46 headed for Geelong. Not necessarily the same one there.

Maybe Giddy could at least answer two of the above.

After speaking to insiders is appears:1. Chutpah to be replaced by RP40 built at Harts.

2. Dolly to have surgery but not for sale.

3. Cougar boys in Spain as we speak re TP52. Hope it holds together if they buy one from the med.

4. RP45 for Flirt boys not so certain now. Onwer has "little pee pee" and wants bigger boat, but not necessarily TP52 bigger. They will have new boat for this year's Hobart Race though.

5. DK46 headed for Geelong. Not necessarily the same one there.

Maybe Giddy could at least answer two of the above.

Answers -

#4 - Don't know...haven't spoken to the owner lately but I thought the R/P 45 was all go.

#5 - It's amazing how rumours get flung around...If this one was a certainty then I for 1 would be a very happy boy!! OCS is just shit stirring you guys !!!!