Melbourne Big Boat Fleet

SCARECROW

Super Anarchist
Melbourne, Aus
Whats the doll having added?
Bigger bits up top or down below?
If it were mine, I'd be adding a bigger rig, two dagger boards and pulling some lead out of the keel (without increasing the depth). The fact that these boats do so well with the keel locked on centre means that it is heavier than it needs to be if canting.

theParadoxOfThrift

Super Anarchist
Mos-Vegas
After speaking to insiders is appears:1. Chutpah to be replaced by RP40 built at Harts.

2. Dolly to have surgery but not for sale.

3. Cougar boys in Spain as we speak re TP52. Hope it holds together if they buy one from the med.

4. RP45 for Flirt boys not so certain now. Onwer has "little pee pee" and wants bigger boat, but not necessarily TP52 bigger. They will have new boat for this year's Hobart Race though.

5. DK46 headed for Geelong. Not necessarily the same one there.

Maybe Giddy could at least answer two of the above.
I know a bit about these:

#2: I heard Living Doll is getting a bigger rig - much bigger in fact.

#3. There are some suitable TP52s in the Med, not all of the boats there are light airs optimised. They were going for more than 750k (Euros). Nice boats if they get one.

#4. Flirt Boys will be well happy with the new boat - don't know about the 'little pee-pee' remark, the RP45 was the original plan but it didn't work out and the new one will be bigger and quicker.

tuf-luf

Super Anarchist
Bangrak
Is Aero/QR coming back soon?

Assume you are talking about dk46 Quantum Racing, If yes, Mr Ray has shipped her to SE Asia and will be campaigned and pitched for sale in the Asian Circuit. Ray&Co just finished President's Cup in Philippines last month. Next up is Koh Samui Regatta end of May.

Ray has done this before with the "yellow bucket" (ex-ABN Amro, ex-Luona Nova SYD46) now called Ulumulu and owned by a Malaysian and - oddly enough - back in oz for re-fit so a madman (luv u Fin) can try and sail it around the world.

Don't expect QR to return to Oz anytime soon... Mr Ray kinda busy w C50 right now me-thinks.

Assume you are talking about dk46 Quantum Racing, If yes, Mr Ray has shipped her to SE Asia and will be campaigned and pitched for sale in the Asian Circuit. Ray&Co just finished President's Cup in Philippines last month. Next up is Koh Samui Regatta end of May.
Ray has done this before with the "yellow bucket" (ex-ABN Amro, ex-Luona Nova SYD46) now called Ulumulu and owned by a Malaysian and - oddly enough - back in oz for re-fit so a madman (luv u Fin) can try and sail it around the world.

Don't expect QR to return to Oz anytime soon... Mr Ray kinda busy w C50 right now me-thinks.

Tuffy, Aero/QR is the Cookson 50 that Mr Ray has chartered (permanently?) from the Geelong owner.

dbo

I know a bit about these:
#2: I heard Living Doll is getting a bigger rig - much bigger in fact.

#3. There are some suitable TP52s in the Med, not all of the boats there are light airs optimised. They were going for more than 750k (Euros). Nice boats if they get one.

#4. Flirt Boys will be well happy with the new boat - don't know about the 'little pee-pee' remark, the RP45 was the original plan but it didn't work out and the new one will be bigger and quicker.
Does the news section on the Corby website www.corbyyachts.co.uk provide any hint to #4 ????