Meme Anarchy

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
eFe7kiY.jpeg

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Innumeracy is a crying shame.  Multiplication and fractions aren't hard if one has a competent teacher. 

My fifth grade teacher, Mrs Dalrymple, had me doing probability problems at a worktable in the back of class to "help" her learn New Math.  As an adult I understood it was so that I would shut up and stop disrupting the normies' instruction.  I did not realize this until my junior or senior year of mechanical engineering at Uni when I took Probability & Statistics.

Another meme you won't find funny.

You're right, that one went right over my head. 

I've managed to live a pretty good life in spite of my math deficiency.  I just avoided jobs that needed higher math.  I do still have nightmares about quadratic equations and such.  

Point Break

Super Anarchist
Long Beach, California
You're right, that one went right over my head. 

I've managed to live a pretty good life in spite of my math deficiency.  I just avoided jobs that needed higher math.  I do still have nightmares about quadratic equations and such.  
I love math. I could be better at it though. In the early 80’s I was taking a differential calculus course. So at work in between calls I’d do my “homework”. The station I was at was only about 1/4 mile from a smallish hospital with an ED we took some patients to. One of the Docs who moonlighted in the ED (early days Docs didn’t have to be Emergency Board Certified to work some hours in the ED). He eventually became a VERY successful general and cosmetic dermatologist. Well, I found out he was a math wizard. So for the entire semester, we’d drive the rescue over in the evening after dinner (much to my partners happiness so he could play “slap and tickle” with the nurses)….and if they were not real busy he’d kinda tutor me through some places I was stuck. Not sure I’d have gotten through without his help. 

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
I love math. I could be better at it though. In the early 80’s I was taking a differential calculus course. So at work in between calls I’d do my “homework”. The station I was at was only about 1/4 mile from a smallish hospital with an ED we took some patients to. One of the Docs who moonlighted in the ED (early days Docs didn’t have to be Emergency Board Certified to work some hours in the ED). He eventually became a VERY successful general and cosmetic dermatologist. Well, I found out he was a math wizard. So for the entire semester, we’d drive the rescue over in the evening after dinner (much to my partners happiness so he could play “slap and tickle” with the nurses)….and if they were not real busy he’d kinda tutor me through some places I was stuck. Not sure I’d have gotten through without his help. 
I broke into a cold sweat reading that!