Meme Anarchy

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea and Richard McKenna's The Sand Pebbles are two exceptions.  I've read both of them at least 5 or 6 times.  
Oh, yeah.  That's what happens when a book just grabs your soul...

I thought there was only one rule on SA and that's in PA.
maxresdefault.jpg

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Read it three or four times, at least.  First time through was difficult, as I don't think "WTF?" had been invented yet.  Also read V., Crying of Lot 49, and Vineland.  Tried to read GR again during the lockdown, but the book's binding was falling apart after some 45 years.

Never wanted to read Ulysses.  I noticed that if one weren't taking a class studying it but still reading it, one was likely to be pretentious.  And I'm aware of the connection between the two but think that's an oversimplification.  Yeah, yeah, something, something, stream of consciousness.  There's also the influence of Burroughs, Carroll, Heller, Kafka...  Did read Finnegan's Wake, though, which IIRC, has a small subplot in GR.

But this is a meme thread.  Every post and response should have a meme attached, amirite?

View attachment 453778
It's only necessary to read the last paragraph of Ulysses and then dream of Andalusian girls.  

But that's two words.  

warbird

Super Anarchist
lake michigan
I have a couple boxes (100 or so) of albums I bought from a radio station guy in OB Whey The FUCK ago

they are all stamped "MASTER NOT TO BE SOLD" or something close but MASTER for sure

he said they were not used at the station, he had taken home the extra copies

other than thicker I have No idea the difference in material or quality ????

I got a MP3 converting turntable to digitize my collection

But kan't be Arsed to get to doing it

now you can get Live copies off YouTube, so why bother ??
I am not much of an audiophile, my audiogram resembles the skyline in the rockies.  If these albums are relatively untouched contact anyone who know more than I because vinyl is on the upswing.  I delivered 8 milk crates of my old vinyl, reasonably well cared for, to my brother 4 years ago. His son thought it was 5 figures, this with being played occaisionaly over the decades.  I do have (my brother has) the not to be sold original Dire Straits release.

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
True...until one of the platform divers mis-judges their inward pike and splits their head open.   Happened last time.  

100m Butterfly?  Not so much.
I caught the back of my head on a 1mtr board doing a backflip during a practice. I didn't even feel it. about an inch long cut. Bled like a stuck pig  I had bleached out hair that went about halfway down my back, all full of blood... kids were screaming, guards were freaking out blowing their whistles and I'm like WTF? had to get it stapled shut and did a meet the following weekend. 

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
I caught the back of my head on a 1mtr board doing a backflip during a practice. I didn't even feel it. about an inch long cut. Bled like a stuck pig  I had bleached out hair that went about halfway down my back, all full of blood... kids were screaming, guards were freaking out blowing their whistles and I'm like WTF? had to get it stapled shut and did a meet the following weekend. 
Head wounds bleed like mad for some reason.

I walked into the end of my boom when the boat was new to me - hurt a little but not much.

People were freaking out and I couldn't understand why until I looked in a mirror - I was soaked in blood and it was running down the side of my head like an artery was open.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
I swam and played water polo on AAU and school teams for 7 years....the divers were always the crazy ones!

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
I swam and played water polo on AAU and school teams for 7 years....the divers were always the crazy ones!
yeah, our diving team had quite the collection of weirdos on it. 2 of the other guys went on to become Chippendale dancers and one of the gals turned pro at The Camelot in DC after winning a  wet t-shirt contest