Meme Anarchy

You're welcome. :)

Too bad we idiots ignore the 5000+ different types of potatoes, selectively bred by our south-american "savages" for millennia.

But you should really try "french fries" made from cassava. And "chips" made from cassava. And mashed cassava. It will blow your mind.
Factoid:

If you let ant potato grow till it seeds

Then plant the seeds

You can have NO Idea WTF shall grow other than it Will be a potato

Might be a kind not seen for thousands of years
May or may not be safe to eat
And that is True !!

Screenshot_20220705-082335_Facebook.jpg

Virgulino Ferreira

Anarchist
Brazil
Factoid:
And that is True !!

No, it is not.

drake2.jpg

Statue of Francis Drake in Germany, with a potato plant in his left hand, affectionately called "potato-man" by locals for 90 years, until the Nazis destroyed it in 1939. The inscription on the base:

"Sir Francis Drake, disseminator of the potato in Europe in the Year of Our Lord 1586. Millions of people who cultivate the earth bless his immortal memory. "

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I curse Drake's memory. I spent three weeks on a West German icebreaker (Polarstern) in '83 and one German word I will never forget is kartoffen. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. I love potatoes but that nearly caused a nasty divorce.

No, it is not.

No, it is not.

drake2.jpg

Statue of Francis Drake in Germany, with a potato plant in his left hand, affectionately called "potato-man" by locals for 90 years, until the Nazis destroyed it in 1939. The inscription on the base:

"Sir Francis Drake, disseminator of the potato in Europe in the Year of Our Lord 1586. Millions of people who cultivate the earth bless his immortal memory. "

What did I say (sheppling asshide) that wasn't true ??

growing potatoes from seed will produce unknown results from back to day 1 of their DNA

find one you like and slice it up and plant the bits

each plant shall be a clone

Trust Me on Dat !!!!

Virgulino Ferreira

Anarchist
Brazil
What did I say (sheppling asshide) that wasn't true ??

growing potatoes from seed will produce unknown results from back to day 1 of their DNA

find one you like and slice it up and plant the bits

each plant shall be a clone

Trust Me on Dat !!!!

I apologize, I think I misunderstood you.

First, mixing in my mind "seed potatoes" with "true potato seeds".

You made me look for more information. Thanks!

Although this I still don't understand.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist
I apologize, I think I misunderstood you.

First, mixing in my mind "seed potatoes" with "true potato seeds".

You made me look for more information. Thanks!

Although this I still don't understand.
it's a Complete and Total Crap-Shoot

a potato plant makes seeds with Thousands of possibilities as to what characteristics each seed might have

it's natures way of dealing with the unknown

potatoes spawn the entire span of evolution

some will survive better than others if EVERYTHING changes

every potato in the above video could come from any potato you plant and let go to seed

you might get one 4' long, or Any Color or taste.

find one you like and plant little chunks and you shall harvest Clones of what you like

REALLY !!!!

Virgulino Ferreira

Anarchist
Brazil

a potato plant makes seeds with Thousands of possibilities as to what characteristics each seed might have

some will survive better than others if EVERYTHING changes

every potato in the above video could come from any potato you plant and let go to seed

you might get one 4' long, or Any Color or taste.

find one you like and plant little chunks and you shall harvest Clones of what you like

REALLY !!!!

From what I remember about the bees and the flowers, and DNA and pollination, that's not how it works. And I don't think the potato is any different in that respect.

Well, maybe it's time for me to re-learn the basics.

Marty Gingras

Mid-range Anarchist

Are you suggesting that potato seeds have genetic diversity that is exceptionally large when compared to other plants?

Last edited: