Meme Anarchy

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
69-of-people-find-something-dirty-in-every-sentence.png

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
If you will swear on a stack of whatever you consider holy that you read Gravity's Rainbow from cover to cover then I will give you extreme respect.  

I suppose you read Ulysses by Joyce too?  
I've tried on many occasions. I thought it was just my slow reading comprehension that caused me to stop about 10 pages in every time. Glad to hear it just sucked!

An old girlfriend gave me a copy of Maugham's The Moon and Sixpence once and asked me to return it when I'd finished. I still have it, it's still unread and I never did learn if reading it would get me laid by her.

Willin'

Super Anarchist
The Burg, Maine
I am not much of an audiophile, my audiogram resembles the skyline in the rockies.  If these albums are relatively untouched contact anyone who know more than I because vinyl is on the upswing.  I delivered 8 milk crates of my old vinyl, reasonably well cared for, to my brother 4 years ago. His son thought it was 5 figures, this with being played occaisionaly over the decades.  I do have (my brother has) the not to be sold original Dire Straits release.
Since they were originally from a radio station they are probably what is known as cutouts. Record companies generally gave their records to stations for free in hopes of getting airtime. To keep the radio stations/ DJs from selling them they cut a notch in the sleeve near one of the corners to indicate that these were promo gifts.

It's generally accepted that cutouts have no value to vinyl collectors regardless of the condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
Since they were originally from a radio station they are probably what is known as cutouts. Record companies generally gave their records to stations for free in hopes of getting airtime. To keep the radio stations/ DJs from selling them they cut a notch in the sleeve near one of the corners to indicate that these were promo gifts.

It's generally accepted that cutouts have no value to vinyl collectors regardless of the condition.
not to vinyl collector community maybe, but I know a few ol' DJs that cherish their stacks of cutouts, and since I collect the vinyl for the sake of the record, not the cover, I don't really care. I found a pretty good stash of classic rock cutouts at a pawn shop in a very bad part of Denver a couple years ago. I personally think the cutout aspect adds its own intrinsic value to an album.