Meme Anarchy

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Gravity's Rainbow should have been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.  It was the unanimous choice of the fiction jury, in no small part because it transcended the genre.  But the prigs on the Pulitzer board found it offensive.  At least the few who read it. So no Prize for Fiction was awarded that year.

Somerset Maugham was an amazing author.  I don't remember much about Moon and Sixpence other than the main character was pretty much an unrepentant dick.   Razor's Edge was a much better read.

View attachment 454460
I think it may have been the bit of (probably unnecessary) coprophagia in the early chapters that may have soured the stomachs of the review panel.

Sean

Super Anarchist
Sag Harbor, NY
00F0AF34-E2C1-4032-B98B-C72E22588295.jpeg

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
I think it may have been the bit of (probably unnecessary) coprophagia in the early chapters that may have soured the stomachs of the review panel.
Yeah, like I said, WTF hadn't been invented yet, as far as I know.  But it fit the story's arc.  Senile Brigadier Pudding's serious kink reminded him of the horrors and smell of WW1 in the trenches.  And showed how adept those in control were at controlling everyone.  But hell, I liked Pink Flamingos.

198n8ikyt1fz.png