Meme Anarchy

veni vidi vici

Super Anarchist
….

AAE36065-DE2F-4A78-98E5-77AF2B36749F.jpeg

4ktsb

Super Anarchist
I have such a hard time with people like that. Not that they are not nice people and deserving of your friendship but I just cannot be that patient. Character flaw of mine. I had several members of my staff that were like that in meetings. I would give them a few minutes of verbal wandering and would stop them and ask them to make their point in a minute or two. That usually worked to get them to focus. At the beginning I’d pull them aside afterwards and tell I really valued their input and didn’t want to be unkind but everyone’s time is valuable and out of respect for each other I intended to help them remain succinct in their contributions. Universally they knew it was their tendency and would work on it. Eventually the other members in the group would help out and I rarely had to. It was a little uncomfortable in the beginning but soon everyone was comfortable at giving and receiving good natured prompts to move it along.
Yikes, brevity , do that.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
My wife & I joke that we did something in a past life that makes us magnets for yakky people. The number of people we know and/or continually meet who are unable to get to the point has reached comical proportions.

I had two of them out on my boat for a few hours once - first time they met.

Later both of them said the exact same thing "Boy can that guy talk".

Just for fun, after a truly exceptional session with one of them I worked out that he had spent 8 minutes explaining something to me that could have been said in 10 words. :ROFLMAO:

I have a coworker. My internet dropped during the storms last week. When I connected 8 minutes later.... He hadn't stopped. No idea that I hadn't been there.

Steam Flyer

Sophisticated Yet Humble
Eastern NC
I have a coworker. My internet dropped during the storms last week. When I connected 8 minutes later.... He hadn't stopped. No idea that I hadn't been there.

I used to think about races during those kinds of intervals. Now I think about sailing sometimes, or my wife, or about music. The funny thing is, the people who just fuckin' talk-talk-talk-talk aren't paying attention, like you say. They always think you're a GREAT listener.

Grande Mastere Dreade

Snag's spellchecker
I used to think about races during those kinds of intervals. Now I think about sailing sometimes, or my wife, or about music. The funny thing is, the people who just fuckin' talk-talk-talk-talk aren't paying attention, like you say. They always think you're a GREAT listener.

dated a girl from NYC.. she is a good friend of my now SIL... they warned me she was a motormouth.. she did put her mouth to good use sometimes.. but one night when we were out to dinner with her, I couldn't take it any more and just had a fit.. she had no clue and minutes later she was at it again.. we were skiing in taos and the next day up at the slopes she declared that it was snowing and she didn't like to ski in snow.. so i said fine, go find a fireplace.. I'll find you and up the slopes I went.. I spent 6 hours skiing in chest deep powder, best day of skiing in my life.. all i could here was the snow falling and not the constant droning coming out of her mouth..

White Lightning2

Anarchist
PNW
One of my old partners used to send the new OR nurses out for an Otis Elevator
Complete and utter thread hijack.
We had a guy in the department that nobody would play poker with. In part due to the "initiation" of new Volunteer FF's.
I loved these guys but they were as green and gullible as it gets.

Step #1. Written brain scan test printed on department letterhead

Step #2. Attach LP12 ekg leads (3 minimum) to forehead of person taking said test

Step #3. Look accusingly at prospective applicant at each question and ask them to think carefully about their answers

Step #4. After advising said applicant of the successful completion of the brain scan test, inform them you are out of enzyme reducer to remover the stickers and they will need to drive to the ER (about a mile) to get some.

Step 5. Wait for phone call from ER......

Sometimes they were busy and just ripped them off and sent them on their way. Other times they got sent all over the hospital as the ER was out as well. Almost everyone had the patches circled in permanent marker prior to being allowed to leave.

Best story was one particular ER RN who informed the test subject that there was actually a regional shortage. However, the enzyme can be broken down by your own urine, similar to how you treat Portuguese Man-O-War stings.

She had him pee in a cup, put a towel over his head and then poured a cup of warm water over his head.

This may or may not have been videoed.....

We all were a little more careful around her after that!!!

WL