Meme Anarchy

D.M.D.

Super Anarchist
2ba7232b_7d3b_4297_a87d_7284d5a9f276_af95e1696b79153648ff9d50a65c9ec16f6ec28d.jpeg.jpg

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
Yeah, like I said, WTF hadn't been invented yet, as far as I know.  But it fit the story's arc.  Senile Brigadier Pudding's serious kink reminded him of the horrors and smell of WW1 in the trenches.  And showed how adept those in control were at controlling everyone.  But hell, I liked Pink Flamingos.
WTF was invented shortly after Sodom met Gomorrah. 

There have been many books that have managed to depict the horrors of trench warfare and their psychological aftermath without shoving a turd down a character's throat.  Pynchon decided to shock and losing readers and recognition may have been the result. Although academia seemed enthralled.  Hmmm.

It was right after that passage I decided I didn't need to give him my time.  Later on, I did plough through to the end.  But other works by Pynchon have been more memorable, inventive and enjoyable.  

Glad you liked Pink Flamingoes.  I myself thought it was divine.

If you like books featuring turds, you might try Richard Farina's "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me."

RedTuna

Super Anarchist
Texas
WTF was invented shortly after Sodom met Gomorrah. 

There have been many books that have managed to depict the horrors of trench warfare and their psychological aftermath without shoving a turd down a character's throat.  Pynchon decided to shock and losing readers and recognition may have been the result. Although academia seemed enthralled.  Hmmm.

It was right after that passage I decided I didn't need to give him my time.  Later on, I did plough through to the end.  But other works by Pynchon have been more memorable, inventive and enjoyable.  

Glad you liked Pink Flamingoes.  I myself thought it was divine.

If you like books featuring turds, you might try Richard Farina's "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me."
Or maybe I just like scatological jokes.  And memes.
XkHrSxQ.jpeg