Meme Anarchy

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
@LB 15 your Grandpa?

1661327767207.png

NaClH20

Semper ubi sub ubi
I’m probably a bit younger than y’all, as I bought my first car in 1998, but it was a good ol’ crappy Corolla. Roll down windows, am/fm radio only (no tape deck), no intermittent wipers, but had a stick. Haven’t owned a car since that hasn’t had a manual in it. It is great anti-theft… I leave the keys in it at home and parked at work, and every day it’s still there!

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
I’m probably a bit younger than y’all, as I bought my first car in 1998, but it was a good ol’ crappy Corolla. Roll down windows, am/fm radio only (no tape deck), no intermittent wipers, but had a stick. Haven’t owned a car since that hasn’t had a manual in it. It is great anti-theft… I leave the keys in it at home and parked at work, and every day it’s still there!
What kinda car? Address?

veni vidi vici

Omne quod audimus est opinio, non res. Omnia videm
The single best decision of my life was not to buy a motorcycle, not a good personality fit at 18 years old.

Lots of manual transmissions in my life. I won't count the motorcycles.
1) Learned to drive on my father's 78 VW rabbit
2) 66 Nova project car with a 327 and a 4 speed
3) 77 VW rabbit
4) 83 Dodge Omni. Taught my girlfriend (now wife) to drive manual in that car.
4.5) 84 or so GMC Jimmy. Almost forgot that one
5) 69 Jeepster Commando
5.5) also almost forgot a 91 Ford Exploder with a 5 speed.
6) 99 Saturn SL2. Bought new, my oldest learned on it and it is his car now.
7) 98 Saturn SC2. Bought for $500, taught youngest on it, and it is my daily driver.

ya didn't buy that from a kid in Virginia Beach, by chance?
A friend of my dad's gave it to me. He was ex-airforce and knew nothing about cars. I had to do a lot of work to it but it was basically solid where it mattered. I welded a new floor in, swapped the motor for a rebuilt one from a parts car, and build a frankentransmission out of all the best parts from the three I had.

Edit: I think he may have come from Virginia Beach. Was this your Jeepster?
Jeepster cropped.jpg

Tunnel Rat

Super Anarchist
I had the great misfortune to learn in a 1973 British Leyland Morris Marina with a growling spluttering 1.0 litre engine. What a piece of complete and utter shit that poor excuse for a car that was.

Only good thing was that it was a 4 speed manual, but I didn’t know anyone who learnt on an automatic.

Israel Hands

Super Anarchist
coastal NC
A friend of my dad's gave it to me. He was ex-airforce and knew nothing about cars. I had to do a lot of work to it but it was basically solid where it mattered. I welded a new floor in, swapped the motor for a rebuilt one from a parts car, and build a frankentransmission out of all the best parts from the three I had.

Edit: I think he may have come from Virginia Beach. Was this your Jeepster?
View attachment 536479
Naw that wasn't mine. It was red - body in about that condition when I got it. I bondoed it in those rusty corners and slapped an Earl Scheib paint job on, and turned it into a surf wagon. Had a nice roll bar and soft top along with that hardtop. Eventually rebuilt the Buick V6 in it and sold it so I could rebuild a BMW2002.

Naw that wasn't mine. It was red - body in about that condition when I got it. I bondoed it in those rusty corners and slapped an Earl Scheib paint job on, and turned it into a surf wagon. Had a nice roll bar and soft top along with that hardtop. Eventually rebuilt the Buick V6 in it and sold it so I could rebuild a BMW2002.
I also had red and white parts cars. The red one had a convertible top and the white one had a pickup top.

Latest posts