Meme Anarchy

hobot

Super Anarchist

FB_IMG_1661659960901.jpg

WhoaTed

Antichrist
Holland, MI
Dig JD’s attitude. Although he’s done some stupid alcohol and drug-fueled stuff over the years, his attitude always cracked me up. Glad that he’s gotten cleaned up (including losing a LOT of weight) the past decade or two but it’s a shame that he spent his prime years drinking heavily and leaving his potential unfulfilled. He could’ve been great IMO, but the booze made his game incredibly erratic one tourney to the next; when he was “on” he was phenomenal. Still was interesting to watch, never knowing which Wild Thing was gonna show up.

This being GA I won’t mention his politics.

Cruisin Loser

Super Anarchist
Is it OK to hate (i.e., feel intense or passionate dislike) racist bigots? Is it OK to hate fascists (i.e., those with a tendency toward or actually exercising strong autocratic or dictatorial control)?
Do you think people who vote differently from you are fascists and bigots?

And no, it is not OK to hate people whom YOU deem fascists and racist bigots, because you are probably wrong about many of them, you simply disagree on some subjects.

We need to rein in the hate in this country, how is "yours" any better than "theirs"?

Most people are really good folks, and that includes people with whom you or I disagree, or who vote differently. Instead of trying to understand the nuances and complexities of people we resort to caricatures.

The people who scream "racist" and "fascist" at the drop of a hat have lost sight of what it means to live in a civil society.

Everyone needs to take chill pills, quit thinking they know what's in another person's heart, and start being nice to each other.

Ed Lada

Super Anarchist
Poland
Do you think people who vote differently from you are fascists and bigots?

And no, it is not OK to hate people whom YOU deem fascists and racist bigots, because you are probably wrong about many of them, you simply disagree on some subjects.

We need to rein in the hate in this country, how is "yours" any better than "theirs"?

Most people are really good folks, and that includes people with whom you or I disagree, or who vote differently. Instead of trying to understand the nuances and complexities of people we resort to caricatures.

The people who scream "racist" and "fascist" at the drop of a hat have lost sight of what it means to live in a civil society.

Everyone needs to take chill pills, quit thinking they know what's in another person's heart, and start being nice to each other.
Meh. Take to to PA.

Rasputin22

Rasputin22
That's a damn tough life.

My grandfather grew up as a "sharecropper" in Alabama before the family moved to Miami in the early 1900's for work, told me he spent a lot of his youth looking at the ass end of a mule.
My Dad told me when I was young that my Grandfather had spent his life pushing a plow (and looking at the ass end of a mule) and that he had spent his career pushing a pencil (as a Navy lifer) and that I would probably spend my life pushing a button. Scary how prescient he was in that statement!

I guess paragraphs do work on this new Chromebook in the forum. I still feel helpless without a mouse button to push rather than using a touchpad.

Latest posts