Meme Anarchy

Captain Ketamine

Anarchist
Perth WA
I suppose phone booths have other uses as well…
1662904119252.jpeg

1662904148441.jpeg

1662904170873.jpeg

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
you cou

you could not call any of the other 3 "1/4-phones" you shared the line with
There was a way - can't remember how but I could call my best friend who was on the party line.

I do remember that we could hear each others calls just by picking up but the other two families we couldn't - like there was two 1/2's to the party line.

A3A

The phone booth discussion reminds me; whatever happened to the idea that calls should be private? I got to hear all about some stranger's gastro intestinal distress while in the meat department at Ralphs. Full volume speakerphone while pawing through the chicken packages.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Back in the Ma Bell days you were charged for each phone you had on the line. This was monitored by ringing the number and measuring the resistance. We had one phone that rang. (dad was long time installer for her).

tane

Anarchist
There was a way - can't remember how but I could call my best friend who was on the party line.

I do remember that we could hear each others calls just by picking up but the other two families we couldn't - like there was two 1/2's to the party line.
over "your way" or here "in the forest"?

tane

Anarchist
your party line worked on the Austrian system?
("forest" comes from the USofA's GPOAT referring to Austria as "forest country" with "forest cities" & "exploding trees")

Latest posts