Meme Anarchy

Bump-n-Grind

Get off my lawn.
Chesapeake Bay/Vail
1664145525101.png

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
So did Fuji film - it always had a greenish cast to it.

Kodak was the only film to use in those days.

I remember a real "you can't go home again" moment in 2012 IIRC when it was announced that the last roll of Kodachrome had just been developed in NYC.

It was similar to if they had announced that the last Coke had just been drunk - a lifelong institution was gone forever.

Ishmael

Fuctifino
So did Fuji film - it always had a greenish cast to it.

Kodak was the only film to use in those days.

I remember a real "you can't go home again" moment in 2012 IIRC when it was announced that the last roll of Kodachrome had just been developed in NYC.

It was similar to if they had announced that the last Coke had just been drunk - a lifelong institution was gone forever.

Nope. I owned a professional photo lab back in the day. We started off Kodak pro certified and ended up Fuji pro certified. My favourite film of all time was Kodak GPF, later GPX. It had excellent colour rendition, but it didn't last. Kodak film and paper, while good at the time, had bad fading qualities, especially when it was exposed to full light. Fuji film and prints lasted far better, and they campaigned on it. Agfa always sucked.

00seven

James "Grumpy" Bond
Blue marble
Nope. I owned a professional photo lab back in the day. We started off Kodak pro certified and ended up Fuji pro certified. My favourite film of all time was Kodak GPF, later GPX. It had excellent colour rendition, but it didn't last. Kodak film and paper, while good at the time, had bad fading qualities, especially when it was exposed to full light. Fuji film and prints lasted far better, and they campaigned on it. Agfa always sucked.
Ancient Mariner (RIP) was the go to authority on things Kodak.