Merrick Garland in the Ukraine to investigate war crimes - Nice thought but.....

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Good on him...... but honestly I'd rather have him home prosecuting our own war criminal here.

Seriously, why the fuck is tfg not been charged with sedition, conspiracy, fomenting violence, etc. yet?? Good on the house panel for going after all the low level guys. But they've been fucking around for a year now and if there is not a criminal referral to the DOJ for the shitstain hisself SOON....... then they've massively fucked up.

Mark_K

Super Anarchist
I wouldn't put much on it. The top dog of the DOJ is unlikely to be hip deep in the grunt work of the Trump case, when his minions have an indictment all typed up he will review it. International affairs? Only the top dog can call the shots, so there he goes.

It would be clumsy for the DOJ to indict Trump and co. before the Committee's coinciding investigation is wrapped up, and that's not far away.

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Thanks Mark - Garland has a staff. I found this: The Attorney General of the United States – appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate – heads the DOJ with its more than 100,000 attorneys, special agents, and other staff.

So likely not a "sorry we're closed" please leave a message.

bridhb

Super Anarchist
Jax, FL
Thanks Mark - Garland has a staff. I found this: The Attorney General of the United States – appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate – heads the DOJ with its more than 100,000 attorneys, special agents, and other staff.

That is a shit load of people. They should be able to move this stuff along a lot faster than they are. This is important. Mid terms coming up and people that probably should be in jail are running for office. Hopefully they won't adhere to the "policy" of taking a couple of months vacation prior to the elections.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
But what kind of message does it send when Garland goes to Ukraine while sworn testimony against the former president is proving he orchestrated the failed coup?

Raz'r

Super Anarchist
De Nile
But what kind of message does it send when Garland goes to Ukraine while sworn testimony against the former president is proving he orchestrated the failed coup?
I think it's pretty clear "that stuff back home? Yeah, that's just theater for the masses. How can we help?"

Mark_K

Super Anarchist

Well, if Garland is about to indict he might as well do a visit to Ukraine. Best place in the world to learn how to survive heavily armed crazy people who are out to kill ya. Zelensky, if he's willing to share tips, gets a free lunch from me, anyway.

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
I think it's pretty clear "that stuff back home? Yeah, that's just theater for the masses. How can we help?"
That's the whole problem with the House "investigation". It IS nothing but theater. They might eventually get around to criminal referrals. Maybe. Meanwhile, why has Merrik not done his job and sicked the best investigative agency in the WORLD on the case (The FBI) to determine the 5W's of the failed coup attempt against the States, "United"..... 50 each, of 'Murica???

I would think a coup d'etat against the incoming Preznit and leader of the Free World by an inside foreign agent would warrant the FBI's attention.

Seriously........ WTAF??

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
THIS is how the conversation SHOULD have gone in the WH on Jan 22nd, 2021 on how the aftermath of the insurrection was going to be dealt with:

Garland:
[calmly] Yeah, I grasp that, Nancy. All I'm doing is contemplating the ifs.

Nancy:
[nervous] I don't wanna hear 'bout no motherfucking ifs. All I wanna hear from your ass is, "You ain't got no problem, Nancy, I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there, chill them niggas out and wait for the cavalry, which should be coming directly".

Garland:
You ain't got no problem, Nancy. I'm on the motherfucker. Go back in there and chill them niggas out and wait for The Wolf, who should be coming directly.

Nancy:
[Nancy pauses and becomes calm] You sending The Wolf?

Garland:
Oh, you feel better, motherfucker?

Nancy:
[laughing] Shit, negro, that's all you had to say!

d'ranger

Super Anarchist
Uh, geez Jeff, you realize that Congress makes laws, they don't enforce them? Stop with the "why haven't they done anything crap". This is uncharted territory - as in it's never happened that a sitting POTUS tried to overturn an election. And we get one shot at this - one. If it doesn't result in convictions then it only inspires the clowns to do it again but better. I have faith that these people are doing their jobs and ensuring that everything is done to document the evidence. We are not burning it down.