Michigan's starting to tank.

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simple fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

Driving down to the boat today, we saw packed birthday parties, cookouts, bars, and restaurants.

We went to get pizza (we cook it in the oven to be safe after we buy it) and not a single one of the people preparing the food was wearing a mask.

Drive by the boat club - huge party.  No distancing.  No masks.

We are fucked.  Sigh.  Because while our governor is doing everything right, a certain group here is doing every thing they can wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clove Hitch

Super Anarchist
around and about
The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simply fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

Driving down to the boat today, we saw packed birthday parties, cookouts, bars, and restaurants.

We went to get pizza (we cook it in the oven to be safe after we buy it) and not a single one of the people preparing the food was wearing a mask.

We are fucked.  Sigh.  Because while our governor is doing everything right, a certain group here is doing every thing they can wrong.
Not a single food prepper wearing a mask?  Holy shit.  That's required in some places.  

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Not a single food prepper wearing a mask?  Holy shit.  That's required in some places.  
Yep.  Jets pizza. Richmond. The girl even tried to bring it to my car window with no mask on.  She seemed completely lost when I rolled up my window as she got closer and told her to put it on the hood. Very clear that NO one sat her down and explained this thing to her.

It was the first day we've gone out and it was really sobering.  Had one guy walking by my boat try to reach on board and pet my dog.  That got a quick yell out of me.

ShortForBob

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
It's a bit like taking half a course of antibiotics .. <_<

People get so surprised when the infection comes roaring back twice as serious and harder to control.

"But but but..I took it until I was better!!"

AJ Oliver

Super Anarchist
Sandusky Sailing Club
Boy I'm sure glad that we Ohioans aren't that dumb . . 
Oh wait !!  I take that back !!  

A Republican Ohio state official is claiming in a video shared to Facebook Thursday that she was asked to leave the Gettysburg Visitor Center and Museum for refusing to wear a mask.
"This is not a law in Pennsylvania or in Ohio, where I come from, and it is an unconstitutional idea that our leaders have come up with," she said.

Where does the Reich come up with all these nut cases ? 

PHIRKIN

Kizmaiz
Oh wait !!  I take that back !!  

A Republican Ohio state official is claiming in a video shared to Facebook Thursday that she was asked to leave the Gettysburg Visitor Center and Museum for refusing to wear a mask.
"This is not a law in Pennsylvania or in Ohio, where I come from, and it is an unconstitutional idea that our leaders have come up with," she said.

Where does the Reich come up with all these nut cases ? 
I guess mandatory wearing of clothes is similarly unconstitutional?   I don't know much law at operational level.

Jules

Super Anarchist
Punta Gorda
The numbers are rising.  And why?  Well, we've been opening up slowly.  But the simple fact is that if you've been out and about the reason isn't because we are opening.  The reason is because we have so many idiots in this state.

This is 100% on Trump.  There has always been a large percentage of people who believe the president is omnipotent.  Trump's refusal to wear a mask is all the proof they need to do the same. 

Bristol-Cruiser

Super Anarchist
Great Lakes
Not a scientific sample at all, but I get a sense that around here in the Toronto suburbs mask wearing is increasing as things are opening. Yesterday there were 165 new cases with a population of 14 million. A great many cases were among migrant workers in the Windsor area. Mask wearing is now mandated in indoor spaces and on the subway, street cars, and buses in Toronto.

Cal20sailor

Super Anarchist
Detroit
I was in a Home Depot in Livonia today and estimate that somewhere between 80 and 90% of the patrons were wearing masks.  I was pleasantly surprised.  

frenchie

Super Anarchist
Brooklyn, NY
Even in Brooklyn  -  was out yesterday, saw a dozen people not wearing a mask, or wearing is as a chinguard, instead.  Granted, it was hot & humid, my mask was soaked right through (ewwww...) but was a really noticeable difference from 2 weeks ago, last time I went out.  Like, 1 in 10 instead of 1 in 50.

Wasn't enough that I think our numbers will start climbing again, but sure explained why they've stopped dropping.

Sol Rosenberg

Girthy Member
Earth
Destin, FL. The Redneck Riviera. 

A9B69EB2-9461-486F-828A-9164774D8500.jpeg

Left Shift

Super Anarchist
Seattle
I guess mandatory wearing of clothes is similarly unconstitutional?   I don't know much law at operational level.
No shirt, No shoes, No Service ... No Freedom.

65 MPH is just a suggestion ... You have Freedom to chose your speed.

Slow School Zone ... Is just a description of the kids.  You are Free to do what you wish.