Michigan's starting to tank.

Ease the sheet.

ignoring stupid people is easy
Correction, that was day seven. It’s now day ten, with no test results, and I’m still sitting here like Sam Breakstone. “I’m waiting!”

No wonder Florida is the epicenter. If you are in Michigan, be glad you have some leadership. 
well, the good news is you should be showing symptoms by now. so if you re not, you're going to live a bit longer

thanks trump!

Burning Man

Super Anarchist
Back to the desert
Correction, that was day seven. It’s now day ten, with no test results, and I’m still sitting here like Sam Breakstone. “I’m waiting!”

No wonder Florida is the epicenter. If you are in Michigan, be glad you have some leadership. 
It's not just FL.  In my blue state, it took me 11 days to get my negative results back and that was 16 days after I entered work mandated self-isolation.  I was already back at work by the time my results came back, so the whole exercise was an exercise in futility.  

Rok Dog

Super Anarchist
Hey rock dog?  Where are you?  Yooooo hooooooo.  I bet the Newspaper is lying too.  FAKE NEWS.

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/news/nation/coronavirus/2020/04/11/michigan-coronavirus-cases-tracking-covid-19-pandemic/5121186002/
Same stuff.  Percent positive tests not spiking (Dr. Birx says this is the most important data point they look at).  Deaths going down and hopefully staying that way.  Availability of ICUs, ventilators, etc.  staying the same.

Are you saying the State of Michigan data is bogus?

AE7CB990-F1B3-42D5-9CAC-9454126E3A1A.jpeg

63D354BF-7446-46D6-8476-737EB8E3642E.jpeg

E6D64347-0FB4-45E2-8AEB-7F52C1C4F8A0.jpeg

Grrr...

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰ 100%
Detroit
Same stuff.  Percent positive tests not spiking (Dr. Birx says this is the most important data point they look at).  Deaths going down and hopefully staying that way.  Availability of ICUs, ventilators, etc.  staying the same.

Are you saying the State of Michigan data is bogus?

View attachment 379998

View attachment 379999

View attachment 380000
I suggest you do a little work and actually look at the percent of positive test data.  Hint:  The spike when we were doing almost no testing is throwing off your Y Axis.  If you look at the last month or 1.5 months, the trend has been upward on a slow increase.  THAT is what the governor is reacting to.

You either have it under control and the line is totally flat, or you have beaten it and the line is going down, or you have lost control and it's increasing.  I'll let you figure out where Michigan is at.  The trick to handling things that grow on an exponential scale like this virus is to jump on it immediately and as hard as you possibly can when it first starts to increase.  If you don't, it's too late.

In the mean time, we're seeing cornovirus already majorly affecting sports like MLB and college football with entire teams suddenly needing to go into quarantine.  The Marlins and the Michigan State Spartans are case studies in how quickly it can go from no tests, to half a team.  Michigan high school atheletics is about to start, and so is school.  Look at the measures the big-money sports are putting into testing and being careful.  Our schools cannot put anything close to that into effect.  Tests daily?  Or every other day?  Hardly.  Effective contact tracing?  Nope.

Take a look at what's happening in Florida.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/07/27/florida-child-hospitalizations-jump-23-as-schools-prepare-to-reopen/

We are about to start killing children, and Trump is driving it with his 'schools must open' bullshit.

I feel sorry for people like you that can't see the train coming.  I'm glad Whitmer is in charge here.  She's actually looking at the data and using it appropriately, and that's why Michigan has done as well as it has.  But I really fear that it isn't going to be enough when the school openings start.  I've done what I can - moving the kids to online/home schooling to keep them away.

I'm done trading posts with you.  The people who can read the data and interpret it correctly have gotten the message.  The ones who don't, or can't, won't be swayed.  And after this is done they'll still be saying what Trump is saying now - best testing, more tests, too many tests, we did great.  I.e. - a pile of lies.  You have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong.  But the numbers simply don't lie.  And our testing is already stretched thin and having big delays.  The system will quickly break down if the cases start jumping.  I.e. - see Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

MR.CLEAN

Not here
whitmer's approval rating is at around 60%, or almost 20 points higher than pre-covid.

apparently even the majority of the backwards ass midwest has figured this thing out.  

Ohio is now blue but doesn't know it yet, at least until 2022.   I'm not sure the religious right is ever going to be able to recover from abandoning their morals for the trump.  Damned shame too, what began with the moral majority and ended with herman cain in the hospital was one of the most incredible stories of political and cultural manipulation in the history of this republic.

Last edited by a moderator:

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
I actually don't think that Michigan is "Tanking" but rather is holder her own.

https://www.mlive.com/coronavirus/data/

These data suggest to me that cases are increasing but deaths are decreasing indicating that the virus is not a lethal as we have been led to believe by the scary media.  Percentage of positive tests is generally flat.

All's well.  Witmer doing a decent job.  Thank God I don't have to send my kids back to public schools this fall.

Hroth

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
Herman Cain got it in a Tulsa and has been in the hospital since July 2nd. I guess since he’s not dead it doesn’t matter?

Asswipes talk about death rate because it’s the new talking point amongst dumbfuck republicans.
It must be hard being you...so angry all the time

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
I am not wrong.  As you libs point out constantly, facts are dangerous.

I am sorry Herman Cain got sick.  Lots of people get sick from lots of different stuff every day.

Frankly, I wish you would get the COVID and be forced to be away from your computer for a while (or forever).  This forum would be better off for it.

Hroth

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
Im glad you wish I get a potentially fatal sickness, so you can have a safe space, becauseThat’s the kind of piece of shit you are. 

Me? I Hope you live long enough to realize how brutally wrong your politics are, and how they made millions of lives miserable for no reason other than your selfish stupidity.
Actually, you are more likely to gag on the dick you suck daily than to get the COVID...my bad.

Hroth

hrothgar

Super Anarchist
Ada, MI
Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
I mean, what kind of clueless motherfucker says “a couple hundred thousand extra people in the hospital, costs in the billions, tough shit”?
Facts are dangerous...4.6 per 100,000 doesn't seem too bad to me...

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2020-04-09/coronavirus-hospitalizations-highest-among-men-older-adults

[SIZE=1rem]NEW DATA FROM THE [/SIZE]Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms that older adults and those with underlying health issues have been hit hard by the novel coronavirus in the U.S.
Researchers analyzed 1,482 coronavirus hospitalizations in 14 states, including New York and California, using a platform similar to one used to capture the severity of the flu season. The overall hospitalization rate for patients with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, was 4.6 per 100,000 people over four weeks in March – but that rate increased with age.
The COVID-19 hospitalization rate was 2.5 among people 18 to 49 years old, for example, compared with 7.4 among those 50 to 64 and 13.8 among those 65 and older, the preliminary data shows. Younger teenagers and children saw rates less than 1, and about three-quarters of hospitalized patients were 50 or older.