Middle Sea Race 2021

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Thank god for the Yellow Brick Tracker Argo is there and the big Indian shadowing Skorpios. Comanche may plane better than Skorpios or sooner? We know Comanche is super quick when the breeze is up especially reaching Skorpios will need those C Foils to work some magic to stay in front. 

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Yes Comanche in the lead Skorpios gybed away to the pressure line expect Comanche to follow soon. It's lighter closer to land. There's less pressure ahead so we'll see if they favors Comanche or Skorpios? 

Roleur

Super Anarchist
Orcas Island
Looks like were side by side with the same timestamp a few minutes ago.  Must be fun to be ripping and have someone to rip with.  Like the MOD70's.  

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
So far it seems Comanche is still king. In the breeze on her angles she is something special. I think Skorpios will want a little less breeze she is perhaps less sticky than the Indian? Anyway we shall soon see. Great race between these 2 giants but Skorpios would be a little disappointed given she is 25 feet longer. 

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Skorpios have regained the lead by gybing into better pressure and are now comfortably in front for now by around 4.5 miles. Interesting as it seems Skorpios now has the better boat speed whereas for the last few hours Comanche was faster. Long way to go and the gybing angles and pressure may decide who stretches?

vokstar

Tasmania
I see what you mean about the trackers, the official one doesn't even have Argo as an entrant. 

2021-10-24_145337.png

2021-10-24_145539.png

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
The biggest difference with the trackers is the DTF and Distance per 24 hours etc. Not sure why the Yellow Brick tracker wasn't listed on the Middle Sea Race site as well.? 

vokstar

Tasmania
They do like their own branded stuff I assume. Cracking race up front in the multi's and mono's though. Wonder how much faster Maserati would've been with T foils. 

vokstar

Tasmania
I think Maserati and Argo got a bit stuck for a while, that didn't help Maserati. It could bea tracker thing, but seems like has been 10-ish nm between Skorpios and Comanche for a while. All to play for though 

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
As good as the Yellow Brick Tracker is the wind overlay seems way out. Boats sailing for windless holes according to YB but flying. LOL

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
Well done Argo.

I wonder what happened to Maserati,

The two MOD70s were right with each other for most of the race. 
If you follow the tracker back you see Maserati slowed right down for a short period after they rounded Lampedusa. The course wobbles around a bit. Perhaps a wind hole? But Argo flew through just a bit to the south.