Mike Sanderson is a......

Smiler

Anarchist
That and salary, talking big bucks...

That boat must have been on order for a while, can't just have been relying on a winner's bonus. Most of the crews got bonuses, I know that even the shore crew on Pirates got summat.

GybeSet

Super Anarchist
nice looker, the Sydney Yachties stinkboat (stinkin' rich?), the Palm Beach 38 & 50, by MBD Sydney(38) Yachts, has nicer lines, but might be a little too 'gelcoat' in the looks, it's also fast.

This Kiwi one "looks" a little more like timber, which is the trad look they are trying to achieve of course.

(link) Palm Beach, for those days u couldn't be fucked about pulling up a sail

Palm_Beach.gif

bugger these costs,

what kinda spondola for a matching 'Flying Tiger' Stinkie Bill, Bob ? must have the right credentials to front up to the YC bar downunder you understand. the PB has a single engine so should help in the $ dept. I got 39,900 aussie Shekels says slide one in the ol' Xiamen container.

Last edited by a moderator:

terrafirma

Super Anarchist
Melbourne
Beautiful boats and I'm told thanks to modern Diesel technology they don't "STINK" anymore, theres a time when jumping on a boat and simply turning the key and pushing off has to be appealing.!

marian

Super Anarchist
nice looker, the Sydney Yachties stinkboat (stinkin' rich?), the Palm Beach 38 & 50, by MBD Sydney(38) Yachts, has nicer lines, but might be a little too 'gelcoat' in the looks, it's also fast.This Kiwi one "looks" a little more like timber, which is the trad look they are trying to achieve of course.
No one beats the Dutch at the REAL trad look! Amsterdam boat show is absolutely full of boats you'd be hard pushed to say were not the real "wooden" thing. At the same time you get all the benefits of modern technology.

Blow up the pic in this Just in story and you'll see what I mean.

The Italians have a lot of good "trad" boats too, but they tend to go over the top in luxury - for my tastes - too much wood that is so good it looks plastic, if you know what I mean.

yachtie2k4

Super Anarchist
nice looker, the Sydney Yachties stinkboat (stinkin' rich?), the Palm Beach 38 & 50, by MBD Sydney(38) Yachts, has nicer lines, but might be a little too 'gelcoat' in the looks, it's also fast.
This Kiwi one "looks" a little more like timber, which is the trad look they are trying to achieve of course.

(link) Palm Beach, for those days u couldn't be fucked about pulling up a sail

View attachment 29488

bugger these costs,

what kinda spondola for a matching 'Flying Tiger' Stinkie Bill, Bob ? must have the right credentials to front up to the YC bar downunder you understand. the PB has a single engine so should help in the $ dept. I got 39,900 aussie Shekels says slide one in the ol' Xiamen container.
mmm not made by sydney yachts, made by palm beach motor yachts at berkeley vale nsw (if you want the address of the factory pm me), the 38 is a very wet boat apparently, the 32 is alot better, 32 has 1 engine, i think its about AU$400,000 cause they lost a shitload of money (like 20 grand) when they sold one to a u.s.a client & the dollar rate changed over the time of the build (6 months). i wouldnt buy one of the earlier boats cause i know who built them, but a brand new one i might. 50' can have anythin in it (plasma tv even), very beautiful boat, 2 big engines. there is also the 32 sports which aint that good.

cheers

rob

Latest posts