Mocking Ads on Craigslist

Steam Flyer

Super Anarchist
Eastern NC
Submitted without comment....

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/4474461687.html

00H0H_ljbDClmbq7P_600x450.jpg
Another dumbass converting a hammer into a screwdriver. TWICE.

He's converted a toy sandbox into a "vessel".

Next, instead of just using an electric trolling motor, or a 2hp outoboard, he wanted to "convert a 5hp lawnmower engine to an outboard".

JFC on a pogostick, why do people waste their time "converting" crap into shit when a perfectly good, affordable solution already exists??!?!?
Harmless diversion, besides it's people like this who monetize all the useless crap the rest of us want to get rid of.

Although reading the ad, I wonder if his wife is saying to herself, "yeah boats are dangerous right? Keep on playing with boats asshole"

FB- Doug

Jackdaw

Super Anarchist
There is a Hunter 'Chernobyl' 37 for sale up in our neck of the woods. Unremarkable, except for a RADAR display that I swear to God contains vacuum tubes.

UsedBoats_1376_02.jpg
Actually, it does contain at least one vacuum tube -- the main display.
Well played, good point. I'd like to add that's why I wrote TUBES, but sadly it's not, so I won't.

Last edited by a moderator:

floating dutchman

Super Anarchist
Another dumbass converting a hammer into a screwdriver. TWICE.

He's converted a toy sandbox into a "vessel".

Next, instead of just using an electric trolling motor, or a 2hp outoboard, he wanted to "convert a 5hp lawnmower engine to an outboard".

JFC on a pogostick, why do people waste their time "converting" crap into shit when a perfectly good, affordable solution already exists??!?!?
Harmless diversion, besides it's people like this who monetize all the useless crap the rest of us want to get rid of.

Although reading the ad, I wonder if his wife is saying to herself, "yeah boats are dangerous right? Keep on playing with boats asshole"

FB- Doug
For $49 I'd expect it to come with a bag of weed, The new owner's gonna need it.

Foiling Optimist

Super Anarchist
Vancouver BC.
Here is another atrocity from the backwaters of the Mighty Fraser River, to rival SJB's find.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rch/boa/4479653621.html
I think I said this earlier but once again upon revisiting it I'm so proud of the fact that the Pacific Northwest and Southwest BC is so well represented in this thread. I know NorCal has got HR and Rimas, but what we lack in quality we make up for in sheer hippiness! This one though has to be be seen in the context of Vancouver being the world's more unaffordable city. If this gilnetter cum condo is a few hundred square feet for $10K and it's not going to sink in the next couple of years and it's $350 /mo to stay, that is a worthy deal indeed. There's probably some detail about how you're not allowed to live aboard but with a boat like that who's going to come looking.

Sadly I just reviewed the most recent 1000 posts on Vancouver CR and have nothing to share unless we start a thread for outrageously priced moorage deals.

Last edited by a moderator:

SloopJonB

Super Anarchist
Great Wet North
Here is another atrocity from the backwaters of the Mighty Fraser River, to rival SJB's find.

I think I said this earlier but once again upon revisiting it I'm so proud of the fact that the Pacific Northwest and Southwest BC is so well represented in this thread. I know NorCal has got HR and Rimas, but what we lack in quality we make up for in sheer hippiness! This one though has to be be seen in the context of Vancouver being the world's more unaffordable city. If this gilnetter cum condo is a few hundred square feet for $10K and it's not going to sink in the next couple of years and it's $350 /mo to stay, that is a worthy deal indeed. There's probably some detail about how you're not allowed to live aboard but with a boat like that who's going to come looking.

Sadly I just reviewed the most recent 1000 posts on Vancouver CR and have nothing to share unless we start a thread for outrageously priced moorage deals.
What? You think a million and a quarter for a berth in False Creek is outrageous?

Peasant.

Norse Horse

Super Anarchist
The Rock

I offer you this comparison. Craiglist province list has a newf-lab list,[Newfoundland, the other side of Canada] and look at the capital city.

http://newfoundland.en.craigslist.ca/search/boo?query=+

5 listings.

You may conclude,

Newfoundland is surrounded by frozen water, hence no boats.

Boats are passed down father to son.

Everyone in Newfoundland is still working in Alberta.

There are not enough computers or electricity in most of NF and Windows 95 is still supported there..

They use an ancient wordofmouth type barter buy sell paper cash system

So any ideas?